Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen.

Article about: Hi All, I am looking for period photos/pictures of SS Generals wearing the Grey Lampassen breaches. I have found these already so no need to re-post. Thank you. Regards SK I know this is bla

Default Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen.

Hi All, I am looking for period photos/pictures of SS Generals wearing the Grey Lampassen breaches. I have found these already so no need to re-post.
    Thank you.

Regards SK

Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen. I know this is black and white.
    Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen.Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wanted Colour pictures of SS generals wearing lampassen.
    P
    Many

?

ok

As far as I know, Alfred Wünnenberg (seen in the first picture) is the only SS general known to have worn Lampassen with his uniform trousers. (Unless we count Peter O'Toole in Night of the Generals, that is.)
    This was a personal affectation and strictly non-regulation, as these stripes were never authorized for SS generals. Apparently, this practice was a deliberate carryover from his days in the uniform of a police general. (If I recall correctly, Wünnenberg was actually not enthusiastic about having to wear an SS- rather than police uniform and had to be expressly ordered to do so by Himmler.)

The two men in the center of the group seen in the second photograph are police generals wearing the regulation green stripes for their rank group.

Julius Schaub, seen in the third picture, is wearing the evening dress uniform [Großer Gesellschaftsanzug], whose trousers had aluminum braid stripes (rather than normal cloth Lampassen) for all officer ranks.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As far as I know, Alfred Wünnenberg (seen in the first picture) is the only SS general known to have worn Lampassen with his uniform trousers. (Unless we count Peter O'Toole in Night of the Generals, that is.) This was a personal affectation and strictly non-regulation, as these stripes were never authorized for SS generals.

The two men in the center of the group seen in the second photograph are police generals.

Julius Schaub, seen in the third picture, is wearing the evening dress uniform [Großer Gesellschaftsanzug], whose trousers had aluminum braid stripes (rather than normal cloth Lampassen) for all officer ranks.
    Hi HPL,thank you for your reply and comment, pics 2 and 3 were only for members who might not know what lampassen are. As you know that all the branches had different colour stripes. Wünnenberg's breeches look to be white lampassen as to the grey which does not show up very well in black and white photos.

regards SK