Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Warrant Disc

Article about: Hi, new here, I found the attached discs while cleaning out my recently deceased grandmother's house. She is a survivor from the Ukraine. Anyway to authenticate this item or any place to bri

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140712_082824.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	712790BTW, forget to say: do not throw away those things relating to the disk, eg, is the disk enclosed in an envelope. If so, any chops or stamps..etc as these tiny little things may give some clues relating to the disk. Perhaps some family letters mentioning the disk..etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by chen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140712_082824.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	712790BTW, forget to say: do not throw away those things relating to the disk, eg, is the disk enclosed in an envelope. If so, any chops or stamps..etc as these tiny little things may give some clues relating to the disk. Perhaps some family letters mentioning the disk..etc.
    I wish other pieces or paperwork were with this but it was truly a random find. She had a baker of costume jewelry that nobody wanted in a room that nobody entered for over twenty years. It was found when I brought the basket to a local jeweler to examine for gold. As we were taking items out this fell out and landed on the floor with a bang you wouldn't believe. At first the jewelers gave me a dirty look when they saw what it was but when I explained that she was a survivor the looks changed. They thought it was worthless (as did other local pawn shops). Once i started researching I realized I might have something here but I still don't know for sure. I sent an email to Don Bible but have yet to hear anything and I'm anxiously awaiting his response. At this point I think I'm going to sell it but it's important to me that this ends up in a collectors hand instead of a neo nazi so I would accept less than value to ensure that happens. If it doesn't sell I'm ok with that as well as this should become more valuable over time. I do view this as a trophy for my families ancestors and as long as it continues to be recognized as such it won't matter to me if I own it or not. That being said keep an eye out for a classified ad in November when the be ww2 movie comes out. Thanks again for all of the info.

Wonderful disc.

Unfortunately, no way of knowing from whom or where it was picked up without any supporting evidence. There are only a couple of identifiable number range groups known which we can associate with a particular region however, the number on this disc falls within a "generic" range.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123