Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Warrant Disc

Article about: Hi, new here, I found the attached discs while cleaning out my recently deceased grandmother's house. She is a survivor from the Ukraine. Anyway to authenticate this item or any place to bri

Default Warrant Disc

Hi, new here, I found the attached discs while cleaning out my recently deceased grandmother's house. She is a survivor from the Ukraine. Anyway to authenticate this item or any place to bring this item to be authenticated? Please advise, thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Warrant Disc   Warrant Disc  

Warrant Disc   Warrant Disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Warrant Disc
    P
    Many

I believe the disc is genuine. Take a look here for the evidence.

Warrant Discs of the Gestapo & Kripo

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I believe the disc is genuine. Take a look here for the evidence.

Warrant Discs of the Gestapo & Kripo

Regards, Ned.
    I saw that, and agree, crazy how many fakes are out there. I don't know if i should sell it, donate it or keep it. Any idea how many exist?

These are scarce and highly desirable...If you choose to sell, I would encourage you to sell here in our classifieds...
    cheers ,Glenn

i wouldn't even know how to place a value on it. Have any sold prior on this site? any historical prices? I'd rather keep it as a family heirloom unless the price is hard to ignore.

Was your grandmother a survivor of the KLs? Was she Jewish?

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Was your grandmother a survivor of the KLs? Was she Jewish?
    I'm not sure about the actual camp but I'll ask my Mom about it. She was a Jehovah witness actually, whcih were treated like the Jews back then.

I found one in 1989 in Amsterdam at a yard sale. Old lady wanted to give it to me until I told her what it was worth. She had lost a bunch of family to the gestapo during the war and did not remember how she came to have it although she thought her son might have gotten it off a Gestapo agent that he had killed in revenge after the Germans had capitulated. I wanted nothing to do with it as I personally feel that money made selling an item associated with such evil would be blood money... but that's just me. Most other German stuff is different. I specialize in German ordinance. But a Gestapo warrant disk from Amsterdam could very well have been involved with the arrest of Anne Frank... and most certainly was involved with involved with the transports from Holland. Too much bad Karma.

Depends on how you look at it. The fact that my Jewish hands are holding a piece of metal that once had the power to send my ancestors to their death was probably Hitler's worst nightmare. Especially if I'm able to profit off of it. It's the ultimate revenge and symbol of victory if you ask me. Whoever this belonged to is spinning in their grave as i type this and I love every second of it.

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing this. Amazing item.

Something I've always wanted for my collection.

I personally would document the history of your grandmother and keep this item as part of that to pass down to other generations. But if you do choose to sell it, I would follow Glenns advice and list it in the classified section here at WRF. It will find a good home to someone who values history over just the resale value of the item.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast