Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WH M42 tunic, converted to SS

Article about: Hi guys, I have found one WH tunic, with 3 front holes for the belt hooks and with 6 buttons. It's marked. I still have no picture of it, but it is with a correct SS insignia as I have been

Default WH M42 tunic, converted to SS

Hi guys,
    I have found one WH tunic, with 3 front holes for the belt hooks and with 6 buttons. It's marked. I still have no picture of it, but it is with a correct SS insignia as I have been told.
    My questions is, how much would such a tunic coast?
    The seller does not claim that this is an original SS time period tunic, does not want to sell it at any coast and this is what makes me believe his words that he found it like this and never change it and all he wants is to let it go.
    So if its a good m42 tunic, but WH one with SS insignia as I said, how much would it coast?
    Were there time period WH tunics, converted to SS?
    In the end, WH and SS tunics m42 and m43 were almost the same, but the belt hooks and the buttons. SS with 5 and WH with 6.
    Has such a tunic value, or its considered as a "Frankenstein"?

Thanks for your time reading my question.

Cheers

George

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH M42 tunic, converted to SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: WH M42 tunic, converted to SS

Really going to need photos on this one.

Hi
    as soon as I have the pictures, I shall upload them
    Thanks

George,

The question that you have asked is not quite as straightforward as it seems.

Although these were not generally issued to the SS I believe that some were worn at the time but that their use was limited.I have come across 3 photos that would confirm this but as these pictures are not mine I cannot post them.

You can buy this tunic if you like but the downside will come when/if you decide to sell it as a dealer will normally use this to beat you down on price as it will still only be a Heer tunic with added SS badges, so if you were to buy it, I would suggest that you buy it as a blank WH tunic with a group of SS insignia only and that this would not be equal to the cost of an equivelant SS M42 or M43.

I would also suggest that you buy it if you are totally happy with the item as if you have doubts before you purchase it these will only multiply once you have done so.

Meantime, I look forward to seeing the pictures.