Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

What defines an "early" SS cap?

Article about: see above. a.) badges? b.) date, if then, what date? c.) other, if then, what other? d.) when is "early" something else, as in "middle wise" or "late." I am int

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I believe this was a part of the device that aided in alignment of the sequence of numbers to the space on the tags
    it would be interesting to see beneath the asterisk if it may be "debossed" as some of these numerical devices used plunging mechanisms to advance the number during the letter press printing. I have used such devices and some from the 1940s left over from Small printshops. I have never come across the asterisk type plunging mechanism if thats what it is..but a peak beneath the tag will prove it to be a numerical plunging mechanism.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What defines an "early" SS cap?
    P
    Many

?

Example of RZM tag with the "*" symbol as a prefix to the inked numbers.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This firm is still in business, and I buy a lot of clothes from them, but with out RZM license tags and surely without any swastika.
    A hat that I just bought from Germany arrived in this bag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What defines an "early" SS cap?  

In Germany I'm sure retailers and clothiers converted over to the sale of military items for their soldiers. This happened in every major city in the U.S. during WWII. I went to a house sale in the 1970's...this vet brought out a box of stuff he picked up in a bombed German town, very nicely bundled, right out of a Dept. store window...stacks of armbands, collar tabs, a few daggers-- just like a time warp.

?

Quote by Tricot View Post
    Example of RZM tag with the "*" symbol as a prefix to the inked numbers.
    This tag may not be genuine, actually. The font used in the serial numbers is fairly uniform. The theme is correct, but, the details are off, at least in my opinion.

Thank you for your post, it is always good to have contributions from you.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    This tag may not be genuine, actually. The font used in the serial numbers is fairly uniform. The theme is correct, but, the details are off, at least in my opinion.

Thank you for your post, it is always good to have contributions from you.

Regards,

CMH
    Dr. CMH is right. This is a fake tag, I am sorry to say. It must be more recent, because it is more clever than some older fakes.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    In Germany I'm sure retailers and clothiers converted over to the sale of military items for their soldiers. This happened in every major city in the U.S. during WWII. I went to a house sale in the 1970's...this vet brought out a box of stuff he picked up in a bombed German town, very nicely bundled, right out of a Dept. store window...stacks of armbands, collar tabs, a few daggers-- just like a time warp.
    We have discussed all of this in staggering detail in hundred of posts.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A hat that I just bought from Germany arrived in this bag.
    A man of great taste as well as exemplary art and craft.

I have lots of bags from them, and they give out very nice bags.

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?Here is a Clemens Wagner cap of early make, of highest quality, which was likely the property of some Herr Dr. racial theorist (there is a name stamp in the thing) or otherwise elite man/creep who would look down his long nose at me....!!

I think the badges were added later from the earlier Danziger and the 1927/29 Hoheitszeichen. This is an extraordinary, high quality cap.

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?The lining is equal to the Sonderanfertigung, but devoid of the runics and such.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast