Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

What defines an "early" SS cap?

Article about: see above. a.) badges? b.) date, if then, what date? c.) other, if then, what other? d.) when is "early" something else, as in "middle wise" or "late." I am int

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?Also the property of some Herr Dr. so und so, who was also likely a noted racial researcher and Jew basher. This cap was made by Breiter in Munich, a firm that still exists, but where you will find no black caps of this type. They have one store near the Rathaus.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What defines an "early" SS cap?
    P
    Many

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?Breiter also made this cap, which also has updated badges.....It is from an SS man in Augsburg, who was or was not in Reiter 17.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

These two caps came from Brian Maederer, who often had early SS caps of subtle quality.

Does some else have something similar for show and tell?

All speculation about stamps notwithstanding, my goal here is to arrange more SS caps for the learning of the beginner more or less until about the year 1936 or so....

In dem Sinne, frohes Fest und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 615494Attachment 615496Attachment 615495Attachment 615497Attachment 615492Attachment 615493Here is a Clemens Wagner cap of early make, of highest quality, which was likely the property of some Herr Dr. racial theorist (there is a name stamp in the thing) or otherwise elite man/creep who would look down his long nose at me....!!
    FB, this cap is extraordinary in quality, thank you for posting. How long have you had this particular one in your collection? I have never personally seen one like this come up for sale...though I am certainly not a member of the inner circle that such nice things tend to travel within.

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    FB, this cap is extraordinary in quality, thank you for posting. How long have you had this particular one in your collection? I have never personally seen one like this come up for sale...though I am certainly not a member of the inner circle that such nice things tend to travel within.

CMH
    Thanks. While you might think otherwise, I am not a member of the inner circle, outer limits and or twilight zone.

I bought these all in the decade past in a kind of flurry of madness, the results I share with you here. Dr. CMH and or others are free to have all of it, but I am not going to sell them piece meal, but in bulk.
    I will say that there is also some merit in engaging established collectors and old collections, for the old collections are the pay dirt, all balderdash about mouldering foot lockers and "out of the wood work" notwithstanding.
    The nice Clemens Wagner cap came from outside of CONUS after it was seriously poo poo ed by the ding bat web site geniuses and or savants. CONUS=army talk for the 48 contiguous states of the USA.

Why was it poo poo ed, you ask? The answer is because it was not 'textbook," i.e. the badges did not seem to fit the cap, which did not fit the pattern in the picture book.

There is a species of young, inexperienced collector whose sense of inferiority means that they must belittle and otherwise deride anyone or anything not theirs and or older than them, since age is a sign of weakness and object of disgust.
    This habit does nothing to facilitate collecting other than to foment chaos, for which the new broom does not get much in the end, anyway.
    Such persons do not last long here, but they can have a very nice time with their fellows on the other site where bad manners and stupidity are stylized times five.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-24-2013 at 12:59 AM.

?

In dem Sinne, frohes Fest und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
    Danke, gleichfalls!

You can trust the savants and geniuses of the digital age not to know a piece of SS regalia when it falls out of the sky on them.

Hence, we here strive to build the capacity of others with the least wear and tear to the psyche and to engage the world's best minds and noble souls in the project.
    and, despite my thirteen thousand one one hundred and fifty eight posts, I have only 213 credits...

?

Thanks. While you might think otherwise, I am not a member of the inner circle, outer limits and or twilight zone.

I bought these all in the decade past in a kind of flurry of madness, the results I share with you here. Dr. CMH and or others are free to have all of it, but I am not going to sell them piece meal, but in bulk.
    I will say that there is also some merit in engaging established collectors and old collections, for the old collections are the pay dirt, all balderdash about mouldering foot lockers and "out of the wood work" notwithstanding.
    The nice Clemens Wagner cap came from outside of CONUS after it was seriously poo poo ed by the ding bat web site geniuses and or savants. CONUS=army talk for the 48 contiguous states of the USA.

Why was it poo poo ed, you ask? The answer is because it was not 'textbook," i.e. the badges did not seem to fit the cap, which did not fit the pattern in the picture book.

There is a species of young collector whose sense of inferiority means that they must belittle and otherwise deride anyone or anything not theirs and or older than them, since age is a sign of weakness and object of disgust.
    This habit does nothing to facilitate collecting other than to foment chaos, for which the new broom does not get much in the end, anyway.
    Such persons do not last long here, but they can have a very nice time with their fellows on the other site where bad manners and stupidity are stylized times five.
    No dear friend, I don't believe that. I believe you and I belong to the same club of paying dearly for fine items when the opportunity presents itself. My success has been a direct result of your interventions and I am continuously grateful for that. The knowledge that you have takes a lifetime of study and continuing education as new evidence presents itself. I only hope the young collectors today recognize this and understand the efforts involved in all of this, especially prior to the sharing of information on the web.

Thank you for the further information on the origins of your nice cap. It resides in a first-class collection and with a gentleman collector.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast