Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

What defines an "early" SS cap?

Article about: see above. a.) badges? b.) date, if then, what date? c.) other, if then, what other? d.) when is "early" something else, as in "middle wise" or "late." I am int

Thanks, dear colleague. Merry Christmas to you and happy new year. I am grateful for your success as a collector and enjoy your sharing it with us here. You have enriched the site greatly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What defines an "early" SS cap?
    P
    Many

?

These images were on my backup CD from 2007.
    Name of the owner and RZM tags, if it even had one, all long since forgotten unfortunately.

All black caps were called Allgemeine SS back then by all but the enlightened, how far we have come but the label still lingers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What defines an "early" SS cap?   What defines an "early" SS cap?  

Thanks, Ben. Your enclosure is also in the Saris book, and it was or is the property of the late John Peppera. It will or will not be auctioned at some point.

?

I like the attempt of artistic photography with this one, i.e. drape some red bed linen behind it!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I like the attempt of artistic photography with this one, i.e. drape some red bed linen behind it!
    Peppera always used red as a back ground. He had a fine collection and was a friend to many.

At least he spared us the sight of dirty finger nails or fungus laden toes and such with which we are assaulted elsewhere.

And Merry Christmas and happy new year to you, Ben, and much good fortune in the year to come.

The same to all good persons associated with our site and its struggle for arcane knowledge and freedom from pressure on the forehead.

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?I add this cap, a famous one, which somehow lurched into my collection, the ex Mollo, ex Chapman cap, which is seen in many books. My thanks to Derek Chapman for some of these images, and Peter Jenkins, too.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Mollo sold this from his collection more than three decades ago for a miniscule price...USD 300. I sold my original collection a few years before, and I asked and got multiples of such a price for black SS officer's caps, and of the later date.
    I am a shnook. Still am, too.

- - ------- - -

I did not pay a miniscule price for it recently, mind you.

post 132: was Peppera the last owner of this visored cap?
    At the moment I got the photographs for my book the cap was in the hands of Bob Velsir.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    And Merry Christmas and happy new year to you, Ben, and much good fortune in the year to come.
    A Merry Christmas to you as well dear friend and to you Wim, delighted that you've helped us out here over the last year.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    post 132: was Peppera the last owner of this visored cap?
    At the moment I got the photographs for my book the cap was in the hands of Bob Velsir.
    That is my understanding, but who really knows? I believe that it was his. The main thing is: a.) it is a nice cap, and b.) it is in your fine book.
    Here are some of J. Pepera's many things.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast