Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

What defines an "early" SS cap?

Article about: see above. a.) badges? b.) date, if then, what date? c.) other, if then, what other? d.) when is "early" something else, as in "middle wise" or "late." I am int

Here is another one . . . of the early variety - that has been shown here previously.

After it passed through my hands, it's transformation of current status I say is an improvement - but I did love that chinstrap so . . .

Funny, these things . . .

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What defines an "early" SS cap?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    To be sure, the Shea Beaver book as well as the Saris book include caps of much earlier and more critical date than what I have included.
    Saris also establishes a pretty key date of 10/32 for their official wear in conjunction with the black tunic. The fledgling SS were just kepi guys until then but its wear continued to '34. There is photo proof that does contradict that as Service caps are seen being worn with the brownshirt as well. Interesting times for sure.

I haven't seen yet a black coffee-cap cap, known as SS-Kappe, in the style as regularly worn by the SA.
    This type of cap was occasionally also phrased as SS-Topf. These came into being in 1925 as the standard headdress.
    In 1929 the form was somewhat modernized. For about 8 years this cap was the form worn by the SS.
    From spring 1933 the visored cap became standard issue: SS-Dienstmütze "neuer Art". It was
    described as the form used by the Reichsheer (the top is quite low).

Here two images from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", volume 4. Sepp Dietrich is shown. The leaders caps do have
    a white cloth piping (not aluminum), as in its begining all pipings were of such material. An early visored cap is also
    recognizable by the white piping. The thin cords also are an early indication.
    The cap shown in post 10 by FB is the earliest form of visored cap for the SS. So is anyway from 1932-1933.

Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-19-2013 at 10:37 AM.

a photo from Wiligut with his visor cap.
    The Shea headgear book is a sin not showing a silk topped visor nor showing any white topped examples.

Robert,
    I think that's Schreck
    d'Alquen

Indeed, and that early Heer eagle (ca,'35) is neat too.

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Here is another one . . . of the early variety - that has been shown here previously.

After it passed through my hands, it's transformation of current status I say is an improvement - but I did love that chinstrap so . . .

Funny, these things . . .
    As it is now, in my care... I gotta say I do like that worn chinstrap too, though it looks just as nice in its current state. I applaud the expert restoration work done on this cap.

What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?What defines an "early" SS cap?

Question on fabrication....are the sides and top trikot on this piece? The band itself appears to be plain wool....?

?

The textiles are different, yes.

Thanks! Its interesting and nice looking.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast