Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs

Article about: Wanted to get thoughts on these collar tabs. I have not seen many so I don't have anything to compare. I have ordered the book SS Elite Uniforms which is supposed to have photos of these tab

Default What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs

Wanted to get thoughts on these collar tabs. I have not seen many so I don't have anything to compare. I have ordered the book SS Elite Uniforms which is supposed to have photos of these tabs in it, but it will take amazon almost a month to get it to me!!!

Thanks in advance for you opinions!

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs   What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs

Very rare and expensive types.
    Last edited by carlsson1982; 08-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.

They scare me. The backing looks dachau made, late war. Only problem with that is after 1943 the ss presumed quality control of there cloth. This means there should'nt be a rzm tag IMHO. Wait for others, hope im wrong. Hb, Adrain and Bob are good guys to ask fyi.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-26-2012 at 01:30 PM.

They are flat wire and not Dachau made. Most flat wire issued tabs came with an RZM paper.

Hello all,

Per the seller site:

Originally EM/NCO’s collar tabs for the ranks of SS-Schütze to SS-Hauptscharführer inclusively were piped in twisted white cord from their original inception, (Rank tabs, August 1929/Runic tabs, May 1933), until October 24TH 1934 when the piping for EM/NCO’s was modified to alternating twisted black and silver/aluminum cord piping. The final modification, in August 1940, eliminated all piping from EM/NCO’s collar tabs.

Of Note: In 1939 the Waffen-SS adopted waffenfarben, (Branch of Service Colors), with each branch of service being allocated a specific, identifying, waffenfarbe, with pink being chosen for Panzer, (Armored), personnel which was generally displayed as piping on the shoulder straps/boards. Although contrary to regulations it seems that at least some units utilized branch of service piping on their collar tabs and photographic examples of the pink piped, SS runic collar tab can be seen in R. J. Edwards Jr. and M. H. Preutt’s book, Field Uniforms of Germany’s Panzer Elite, on pages 236 and again on page 245.

Also Of Note: The RZM, Reichzeugmeisterei, (National Equipment Quartermaster), was officially founded in June 1934 in Munich by the NSDAP. The functions of the RZM were not only to procure and distribute items to Party formations, but also to approve chosen designs and to act as a quality control supervisor to ensure items manufactured for the Party met required specification and were standardized. Starting in late 1934 items manufactured for the SS came under the quality control of the RZM and were marked by the appropriate RZM/SS approval marking. In 1943 the Waffen-SS assumed full control over their uniform item production and no longer fell under the authority of the RZM.

The tabs in the image below were discussed here:

Opinions on SS Panzer Collar Tabs - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think about these SS panzer collar tabs  

I didnt know this , thanks for the info

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks William! Those are actually another set! Mine are flat wire with RZM tag! Thanks for the history though!

Regards,

Sam

Here is a fantastic photo at the bottom of page 1!!

Panzer portrait shot - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums