Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

Article about: Not my field of collecting but I read the SS threads out of curiosity and pick a few interesting bits of information. On one of the dealers I buy medals from he has this cap listed for sale,

Default What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

Not my field of collecting but I read the SS threads out of curiosity and pick a few interesting bits of information. On one of the dealers I buy medals from he has this cap listed for sale, I have never seen and SS cap with a tradition/honour device before and was curious about the significance?

http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...peak-visor-cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

It is the Hochland tradition edelweiss badge. It was worn on all headgear of the Hochland SA and NSKK. This is a first time seeing it on a black SS cap. It certainly is a possibility as this is an early cap when the SS was subserviant to the SA.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ta, that answers that. Thank you

A good friend of mine who knows his black caps is familiar with this particular cap. It is actually a ground up fake and has the incorrect RZM tag, which is conveniently not shown. Incomplete pictures can lead to incorrect judgement.
    BOB

Is it the same that on this cap(Prague Museum)?

The Edelweiss on the SA cap is for Austrian units, whereas SA Hochland was for Oberbayern. Bob can better explain it all.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A good friend of mine who knows his black caps is familiar with this particular cap. It is actually a ground up fake and has the incorrect RZM tag, which is conveniently not shown. Incomplete pictures can lead to incorrect judgement.
    I concur, I've also seen this one before..

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I concur, I've also seen this one before..
    Thanks.

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?PS I have never seen a pre 1936 or so cap with any other badges than the Hoheitszeichen and the Totenschaedel. Senior member Mr. d'Alquen can say for sure. He has the best picture archives of them all.

If someone has a photo to the contrary, I would like to see it.

I think this object is one of the refined fakes from either the North German or South German larceny depots.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Is it the same that on this cap(Prague Museum)?
    The pink Gruppe color was used by the Austrian SA Gruppe Ostmark and Sudmark. The gilt button on the front identifies this cap as having come from Gruppe Ostmark. The eagle on the front is incorrect as it is from a Kriegsmarine Donald Duck cap. Picture below is an officer's kepi from Gruppe Sudmark displaying the correct eagle and the Austrian edelweiss.

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?
    BOB

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast