Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE

Article about: Due to the Tuetonic resemblence, im wondering if it could be a fixing for a sword or dagger handle, i believe there was a tuetonic order of knights during the war years which i would think w

?

Default Re: What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE

Due to the Tuetonic resemblence, im wondering if it could be a fixing for a sword or dagger handle, i believe there was a tuetonic order of knights during the war years which i would think would be equivalent to the order of masons, am i right about this or am i having a flight of fancy again!!!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is THIS?? HELP PLEASE
    P
    Many

Did your grandfather fence? something about it made me think of fencing.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Due to the Tuetonic resemblence, im wondering if it could be a fixing for a sword or dagger handle, i believe there was a tuetonic order of knights during the war years which i would think would be equivalent to the order of masons, am i right about this or am i having a flight of fancy again!!!?
    Its possible, the sword handles were narrow as I recall. But inner shape of the shield is tricky, could also be a trinket from party days as mentioned as well.

The sword handle would need to come up from the hilt and take a bulbous form and the piece would fit that way.

For now I think I have thought too much though. ;o)

Best,

Kris

Could it have been made by a jeweler in a concentration camp on the whim of some officer who was going to attatch it to.. who know's what?

iac
    ?

Beautiful piece of work ! May I ask, what is the black back material made of ?
    Leather, metal ?

This is very, very nice piece of Third Reich!

Nice piece. It looks too heavy to be attached to any cloth garment, so I lean towards some type of helmet. Very mysterious yet it seems professionally made. No doubt in my mind that this is an original item. My curiosity is peaked now! I hope soembody here recognizes it from somewhere. The screen-like material on the shield also reminds me of a fencing mask, as was pointed out earlier on this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3