Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What to Look for Waffen SS Visor Cap

Article about: A set sold recently on the Collector's Guild for about \\$2,200. The Collector's Guild Most SS pattern totenkopfs will run about \\$800 to \\$1000+ I know the Collector's GUild has a reputation fo

Default Re: What to Look for Waffen SS Visor Cap

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Skip the EM/NCO types . . . and go for something like these.

Two fine pieces I would very much like to have again.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I have always liked this type of Waffen SS crusher. Does anyone know where I can find one? Not that I can afford one I just want to look.

The soldier in the photo is SS-Unterscharführer Wurrer, a baker in the Wiking Division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wschumacher00038.jpg 
Views:	5098 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	116910  

Stoped by the shop today and spoke with the owner about the visor. The collector he had look at it stated that the visor itself was a fake but the Eagle and Totenkopf were real. At least I now don't have to start kicking myself for passing the deal of the century. Thanks again for all the help gents!

Our young friend in Sweden got lucky in the last couple of years with a bargain cap without insignia, but such a thing is the exception. Here is the cap in an expertly restored state. Would that we all could secure such objects for 500 dollars without care.

Moreover, the search for the miracle in the wrong place generally leads to heartbreak. The problem is made much worse by the fact that most seekers rely on fuzzy pictures or these imprecise pictures here, and cannot make their way through the avalanche of fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS 1.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	116986  
    damit, basta.

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    I have always liked this type of Waffen SS crusher. Does anyone know where I can find one? Not that I can afford one I just want to look.

The soldier in the photo is SS-Unterscharführer Wurrer, a baker in the Wiking Division.
    The closest one is likely to get to this sort of headwear is via the photos in the Shea Beaver book.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post

Here is one.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Images Attached Images  

?

Pete if the eagle and totenkopf are real for a 150.00 is still a great deal. Gary

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Here is one.

Bob Hritz
    Nice! is it yours?

Yes
    Last edited by Bob Hritz; 06-25-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Quote by petepeterson View Post
    Stoped by the shop today and spoke with the owner about the visor. The collector he had look at it stated that the visor itself was a fake but the Eagle and Totenkopf were real. At least I now don't have to start kicking myself for passing the deal of the century. Thanks again for all the help gents!
    Is the visor still available? If the totenkopf and eagle are real you would be wise to go back into that store and pay $150 for the both of them. Quite honestly still "the deal of the century". Both together will run at least 2,000.

where are these people paying 2k for the set????....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast