Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and Sturm

Article about: Greetings. Recently I enjoyed a thread on this forum concerning a black Allgemeine SS tunic (BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7) and found it intriguing with many fascinating contributi

Default When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and Sturm

Greetings. Recently I enjoyed a thread on this forum concerning a black Allgemeine SS tunic (BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7) and found it intriguing with many fascinating contributions from our pre-eminent members. Can anyone shed any further light on the circumstance when both the Standarte and a Sturm within possess honour titles. From my observation this may be the situation for Standarte numbers 1 and 7 (Julius Schreck and Friedrich Schlegel). Is this the case for a double cuff title or does the Sturm honor title take precedence? Is it my imagination or is there ever a cuff title on each sleeve? Thanks Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and Sturm
    P
    Many

Default Re: When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and Sturm

When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and SturmThis is a good question the answer for which our other experts can well tell us. There was allowance for the "Zusatzaermelstreifen," as in this case. You can look in Mollo to see where one would have an honor title for the Sta and then also for the Sturm.

When a Standarte and a sturm within it each had an honour title, the members of that sturm wore their honour title and the staff of the standarte and any other sturm that did not had a title awarded would wear the Standarte honour title. So there was no need for them to be worn together.
    The only title authorized for the right sleeve was the "Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler 1923" sleeveband.
    d'Alquen.

Thanks for the further data.

Thank-you to both for your enlightenment on this matter. The diversity of insignia arrangements across rank and order of battle, I assume, is poorly represented by surviving material. I appreciate you not pointing out my faillure to seek out reference sources that are within reach (but then of course the double cuff title would not have been revealed for all to appreciate). I wonder if any "Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler 1923" cuff titles have survived. I will scour my library but I dont have the rare sources that are held by our senior contributers. Many thanks, Paul

Does anyone have a picture of an officer Loper cuff band, is there one that survived?

?

Cuff title in wear:

When honour cufftitles exist for both Standarte and Sturm