Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

White buck gloves of the SS

Article about: As per the request of my colleague.

Default White buck gloves of the SS

White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SSAs per the request of my colleague. White buck gloves of the SSWhite buck gloves of the SS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White buck gloves of the SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White buck gloves of the SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: White buck gloves of the SS

The normal extra glove was and is of grey buckskin, but these are parade gauntlets that appeared with the SSVT Sani Abt. Montur. What that I had the rest of the white rig, as I do own an LAH tunic that likely had same at one point.

The Bundeswehr and Bundesheer all wear grey buck skin gloves, as well as Nappa leather ones.

?

FB, you are too kind! Thanks!

I see these were RZM made as well. Officers I presume wore these marching down a street during parades or maybe flag holders? I'm new to these white gloves so please excuse my ignorance.

Kindest regards
    Samir

?

I see u posted this while I was still typing, thanks, FB.

Regards
    Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post

I see these were RZM made as well. Officers I presume wore these marching down a street during parades or maybe flag holders? I'm new to these white gloves so please excuse my ignorance.

Kindest regards
    Samir
    I think with the color guard, or other ceremonial duties. I should look. There is a chart in vol. III of Mollo on said issue.

The flag bearer and such wore these, I think. Someone will have the necessary image. They are nicely made and would be quite costly in today's world.

Kindest regards
    Samir
    Happy to oblige.

?

These gloves must be very rare and very expensive. I have never seen them up for sale while I was looking for Allgemeine stuff.

These gloves must be very rare and very expensive. I have never seen them up for sale while I was looking for Allgemeine stuff.
    My comment on costs concerned the need to buy a new pair in Vienna or Berlin of equal quality. I have not easily seen these as historical items, either. They were a windfall. The gloves came with an SS Verfuegungstruppe uniform, not an Allgemeine SS item.

I have seen RZM gloves before, and maybe even white ones, but not these coronet's gloves as here.

In any case, they are nice and part of the greater Montur, the full list of pieces is gone.

?

Would love to have a nice set in my SS collection someday, thanks again for sharing and the knowledge.

Regards
    Samir

These gloves are indeed quite rare. I believe that over the years, I have encountered only one pair.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast