Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

White SS dienstrock

Article about: How were the insignia i.e. the shoulder boards, the collar tabs and the sleeve eagle attached to the white SS dienstrock type of uniform. I have heard of screw on but were they ever held on

Default White SS dienstrock

How were the insignia i.e. the shoulder boards, the collar tabs and the sleeve eagle attached to the white SS dienstrock type of uniform. I have heard of screw on but were they ever held on with small snaps? I assume the insignia if removable was to allow the cleaning of a white uniform with black insignia. also what style material and what markings would one expect in the white SS dienstrock. Thanks to everyone for the expertise. Elliott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White SS dienstrock
    P
    Many

Default Re: White SS dienstrock

Any takers on answering this question...have a ton of pics to post of a collection for sale the I have reservations about some items....always makes me worry about ALL the items...thanks, Elliott

I suggest post the pictures and let folks have a look.

Loading as we speak...87 pics...just a small part of the collection...will post soon...Elliott

i can't wait for the pictures

tom

Here is a link to many pictures of the collection. Many of the items appear to be fake. Some are questionable. I would appreciate input on any of the items as to their authenticity. Many collection have a fake here and there but it may or may not make the entire collection questionable. Check the link for pictures of everything. Any input is appreciated. Elliott

ww2 pictures by boxerworks - Photobucket

above are just a couple of pics...main body is on link above....Elliott

Some of the SS material is authentic, but in poor shape. The white tunic is of the III. Reich era, but whether it really is an SS tunic, I know not. I once owned one of these in the early 1970s that I sold to a well known collector.
    The later make black SS cap is authentic, but has been abused. This method of attachment of the insignia on said uniform is within the realm of the possible.
    There was no single method, but the Kleiderkasse sold removable insignia to be sure.

Friedrich-Berthold, Thank you for the reply...I have the oportunity to purchase all of these items and appreciate your most skilled expertise...I also have the question as to exactly which items are correct and what their approximate value might be...I would like to resell some items in order to keep the pieces i'm interested in...I would appreciate a breakdown of these items....Even though not a large collection, it is a daunting task for a beginner not to make big mistakes...any other and or differing opinions are greatly appreciated...Thanks, Elliott

BTW...why absolutely no markings on the tunic. the tunic (set) is black cap, tunic with all insignia, sword suspender, a set of riding style black hose(not pictured) and the tall black boots all are sold as a grouping....thanks, Elliott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast