Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

White SS Summer Tunic

Article about: I would like to hear from a few of the experts their thoughts on this one.

And here they are on the tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White SS Summer Tunic   White SS Summer Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White SS Summer Tunic
    P
    Many

That looks very nice, I must say. Good luck with the shoulder boards.
    I was reading Uniforms of the Waffen SS part 2 by M Beaver. In this book he states it was common to have Wehrmacht type boards on these white tunics. Best of luck finding a sleeve eagle too.

White SS Summer TunicMany thanks, will post some more once I have the pieces. I'm sure it will take some time to find. I'm going to try and fashion mine, like the one worn by Max Wunsche here.

I had a military style LAH white tunic in the 1970s, of a doctor in the LAH and all the insignia was simply tacked on very loosely.

None of these high tech insignia, nor clips et cetera.

Jenkins is a very energetic ferret in old German collections, that is, in places that seldom see the light of day in the English speaking world.

haha, many thanks FB. I hear you, it will be hard to find, so if I have to resort to tacking, etc., I will do so. It may be that I will have to find a nice officer's sleeve eagle and affix the snap backings for it to attach to the tunic. Hopefully the slip on boards for Obersturmfuhrer LAH will not take too long to find. If anyone has a nice pair, please send me a PM. At the end of the day, I'm very happy though to have found the screw back collar tabs though, I think they look really nice with it!

Man! I really am liking that addition of the SS screwback Collar tabs. In my opinion a LAH cufftitle would be a stellar addition when you get to CT's, or even a Germania.

Quote by wolfslair44 View Post
    I'm going to try and fashion mine, like the one worn by Max Wunsche here.
    That's a nice uniform study. The other three are Albert Speer, Dr. Karl Brandt and Walter Hewel.

QUOTE=octavian;1567909]Man! I really am liking that addition of the SS screwback Collar tabs. In my opinion a LAH cufftitle would be a stellar addition when you get to CT's, or even a Germania.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks. I agree regarding the LAH cuff title. Here is another of Wunsche with the LAH cuff. Just super.

White SS Summer Tunic

Gents,

Just posting an update. Got a beautiful period original eagle with snaps and white backing from a member on WAF. Also purchased a nice pair of Obersturm. shoulderboards. Next on the list is an early LAH CT, and also looking for a pair of officer LAH cyphers. If anyone has a pair, or knows someone who may sell, please send me a note. Here are some updated photos. Very best, Scott
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White SS Summer Tunic   White SS Summer Tunic  

White SS Summer Tunic   White SS Summer Tunic  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2