Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

White Uniform, is it military?

Article about: Strange order of dress in post no.27 with no shirt or t shirt under the orderlies' jackets-are they wearing board shorts and sandals as well? Cowabunga, Dudes!

Strange order of dress in post no.27 with no shirt or t shirt under the orderlies' jackets-are they wearing board shorts and sandals as well? Cowabunga, Dudes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Uniform, is it military?
    P
    Many

Some more pics from the web.
    The one with Wagner is courtesy of d'alquen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White Uniform, is it military?   White Uniform, is it military?  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The head of the Berghof orderlies was actually an SA Untersturmfuhrer who wore the same uniform but with SA insignia.
    I know there is a color pic of him in one of the Arndt books. Can't recall his name right now.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The head of the Berghof orderlies was actually an SA Untersturmfuhrer who wore the same uniform but with SA insignia.
    I know there is a color pic of him in one of the Arndt books. Can't recall his name right now.
    He was discussed at the AHF a while back:

Axis History Forum • ID of SA officer at FHQ

Great link--if no one at the AHF can identify him, I don't know who can.
    Here are the pics of him for posterity:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White Uniform, is it military?   White Uniform, is it military?  

White Uniform, is it military?The person in the bottom middle of this image is the actor, Heinrich George.

See here:

George | SWR.de

he is one of my favorites, and his story is deeply compelling.

This headquarters SA uniform would excite scorn from the average collector, were it to appear before them.

F-B, so true.

In any event, the Arndt Verlag book "Hitler's Berhof" does have a pic of the staff, including the SA officer. His tabs appear to be crimson, and the eagle is backed in the same color. (Pic is on pp 54-55).
    (I would post a scan here, but the book is copyrighted)

Thanks. I have that book, too. Others have used the images, these are the Frentz ones, I think. They are also everywhere.

Thanks for the fine material. Gruppenfuehrer Brueckner in Hitler's entourage wore this field grey SA uniform. He can be seen near Hitler at the Warsaw troop review at the end of the Polish campaign. I think that Wim Saris interprets this uniform in one of the Bender cap books.

I also think that the use here of such images is fair use for an educational purpose, is it not?

You and I are not earning money from it.

And this site has such huge traffic that it will sell books for this publisher which otherwise has a fairly stinky political agenda not in consonance with our principles.

They have, however, reproduced many of the extant color pictures of note, especially appetizing to us uniform types.

I buy these from my book dealer in Berlin.

I will enclose the link below to my book dealer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast