Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

White Uniform, is it military?

Article about: Strange order of dress in post no.27 with no shirt or t shirt under the orderlies' jackets-are they wearing board shorts and sandals as well? Cowabunga, Dudes!

Here are my chums' site and I endorse it mightily.

You can get most any book from them.

Berliner Zinnfiguren & Preussisches Buecherkabinett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Uniform, is it military?
    P
    Many

White Uniform, is it military?White Uniform, is it military?These people also have a superb second hand book section where one can find many fine treasures.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-06-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I visited New York some 2 years ago and spent some time in the business of this dealer of rare bookshttps://www.churchillbooks.com/. Upon some idle chit-chat whilst I broused I was then lead to a basement storeoom where an Aladdins cave of second hand books awaited. After being left to brouse further I finally returned to the surface with an armfull of books sufficient to cause me concern as to my baggage allowance for the flight home. Perhaps I should detail said books in another thread.

New York is wonderful for books, or at least it was in my past experience.

?

I could find a picture of the nice white SS uniform of Hans Heinrich Lammers:

White Uniform, is it military?
    SA-Obergruppenführer Dietrich von Jagow congratulating Hans Lammers for Lammers' birthday, 26 May 1939

Picture found on World War II Database: Your WW2 History Reference Destination

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These people also have a superb second hand book section where one can find many fine treasures.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    After being left to brouse further I finally returned to the surface with an armfull of books sufficient to cause me concern as to my baggage allowance for the flight home. Perhaps I should detail said books in another thread.
    I got an e-reader last year. The thing crapped out on me exactly one week after I bought it. Real books don't just up and crap out on you. I'm from a generation that should embrace such gadgets, but nothing beats a real book. Especially old books. Their smell, the crack of a spine... It's a way more satisfying experience for sure.

?

Ill second that

Another thing you won't find in an e-reader is cool mementos of the past such as I found in one of the books I bought from Chartwell booksellers.

John Tolland's 1966 edition of 'The Last 100 Days' contained an unusal bookmark in the form of a cheque to the value of $5 made out by a Major R.J. Tocci of Fort Benning Georgia dated Dec 13, 1972.

Quote by Waban View Post
    I could find a picture of the nice white SS uniform of Hans Heinrich Lammers:
    A different type of uniform, though; it's the white summer tunic. These have been discussed here:

White SS uniform in wear

Quote by Scout View Post
    Ill second that
    And I'll third that...

(Although I, too, own an e-reader as well. Much interesting material can be found online for free in .pdf- or .epub format, and by that I don't mean illegal scans of copyrighted works, but everything from published theses to older literature with lapsed copyright that is now in the public domain.)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    (Although I, too, own an e-reader as well. Much interesting material can be found online for free in .pdf- or .epub format, and by that I don't mean illegal scans of copyrighted works, but everything from published theses to older literature with lapsed copyright that is now in the public domain.)
    Ohh, e-readers are brilliant, but there is just something about a 'real' book.
    Re-reading a favourite book is like greeting an old friend.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast