Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who is this SS Man and the blank cuff title

Article about: Hello Gentlemen.. I have seen this man once before somewhere on this forum..and from what I understand a heinous individual of the early KZ days. One of the first I believe. I am also curiou

Default Who is this SS Man and the blank cuff title

Hello Gentlemen..

I have seen this man once before somewhere on this forum..and from what I understand a heinous individual of the early KZ days. One of the first I believe.
    I am also curious of the blank cuff title and in what capacity did this cuff title represent?

Teachers and professors if you may .. I place this question before you.

Regards Larry

Who is this SS Man and the blank cuff title
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is this SS Man and the blank cuff title
    P
    Many

Hello Larry, happy Christmas... he is camp commandant Hans Weibrecht. As for the Ct I can not see it very well, I'm sure somebody else can answer this.

Granted the above post, this man's was Eicke's right hand man in the consolidation of the concentration camp system and the Wachverbaende, SSTV.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Lm...0Eicke&f=false

Mr. d'Alquen is most adroit in this regalia. Maybe he has an answer.

I am admittedly neither a teacher nor a professor, but here are my two cents:

We can date the photograph to the July 1934 to September 1935 period: Weibrecht is wearing the rank insignia for an Untersturmführer (designated Sturmführer at the time), a rank to which he was promoted on 4 July 1934 (following the events of the "Röhmputsch"), with his next promotion to Obersturmführer on 15 September 1935. Weibrecht was Eicke's adjutant from 1934 to 1936 or so and as such is wearing adjutants' aiguillettes in the above photograph.

I have no data on the wearing of a blank cuff title when it comes to its use within the KL system specifically (as said above, d'alquen is the man to ask), but blank cuff titles were worn on the black uniform by a variety of units/agencies (for example, personnel on the Staff of A-SS Standarten, A-SS Musikzüge, SSVT units prior to their being awarded a name, SD Ober- and Unterabschnitte , etc.).

During the war, Weibrecht commanded the Fort VII concentration camp at Posen (Poznan) in occupied Poland and, following the invasion of the Soviet Union, went on to serve with Einsatzkommando 10a of Einsatzgruppe D. He died on 15 April 1945 in Austria; under what circumstances, I do not know.

Here is some additional hard data on Weibrecht as taken from the SS-Dienstalterslisten [SS Officers' seniority lists]:

Name: Hans Weibrecht
    Date of birth: 23 Sept. 1911
    SS no.: 55 080
    NSDAP no.: 1 003 285
    Promotion dates:
    - Untersturmführer - 4 July 1934
    - Obersturmführer - 15 Sept. 1935
    - Hauptsturmführer - 12 Sept. 1937
    - Sturmbannführer - 30 Jan. 1944
    Waffen-SS/Army/Police ranks: None
    Duty assignments:
    - Adjutant des Inspekteurs der Konzentrationslager (as per SS-DAL of 1 Oct. 1934)
    - Stab Inspekteur der Konzentrationslager (as per SS-DAL of of 1 July 1935)
    - SS-Wachsturmbann V "Brandenburg" (as per SS-DAL of 1 December 1936)
    - Stab SS-Oberabschnitt Südwest (as per SS-DAL of 1 December 1937)
    - SD-Hauptamt (as per SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1938)
    - Reichssicherheitshauptamt (as per SS-DAL of 1 Oct. 1944)
    Awards and decoration:
    - Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse & II. Klasse
    - Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit Schwertern I. Klasse & II. Klasse
    - unspecified other wartime awards
    - SS Honor Sword
    - SS Honor Ring
    - SA Sports Badge
    - German Sports Badge
    Other data: Member of Lebensborn e.V.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-25-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Bravo, Andreas and Merry Christmas.

- - ------- - -

This man is a very Un Christmas like subject, however, and he gets my generous pfui.

If Eicke thought he was a sound person, God knows what he was really like.

The issue, Andreas, is the date of introduction of the Totenkopf collar patch. And I think the cuff titles for the Wachverbaende, SSTV units appeared later,
    but d'Alquen knows this. He has memorized all the files. Mollo does not make it very clear. I won't mention the blow hard ex US Army officer author
    and so forth.

I have not before seen this image, but it is all over the internet. Merry Christmas and thanks to Andreas for always being the best citizen of our little place
    with his encyclopedic answers that set exactly right level of discourse for us all. Hurra!

Who is this SS Man and the blank cuff titleSince Andreas reads more books than I do, I stumbled on this while looking at the on line material on this man.

https://global.oup.com/academic/prod...cc=us&lang=en&

It does not appear to be as good as the bio of Eicke that recently came out in German, but it is a solid attempt to get at something that otherwise arouses a lot of interest here.

The photograph does indeed show Hans Weibrecht as Silberkreuz has already pointed out. To narrow down HPL's accurate time frame the picture was taken between March 1935 when the first skull collar patch was introduced and his change of rank in September of that year.
    His aiguillette does, again as HPL points out, indicate his role of adjutant to Theodor Eicke and the blank cuffband shows he is a member of the staff, in this case of the 'Inspekteur der Konzentrationslager und SS-Wachverbaende'. A year later in 1936 the staff of the KL Inspectorate were ordered to wear the 'SS-Hauptamt' cuffband.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The photograph does indeed show Hans Weibrecht as Silberkreuz has already pointed out. To narrow down HPL's accurate time frame the picture was taken between March 1935 when the first skull collar patch was introduced and his change of rank in September of that year.
    His aiguillette does, again as HPL points out, indicate his role of adjutant to Theodor Eicke and the blank cuffband shows he is a member of the staff, in this case of the 'Inspekteur der Konzentrationslager und SS-Wachverbaende'. A year later in 1936 the staff of the KL Inspectorate were ordered to wear the 'SS-Hauptamt' cuffband.
    Thanks so much. You always save the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast