Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why this site should prosper...

Article about: Here is what someone on a competing site assumes to be a real black SS cap. The photo and the question embody for me what has happened to these sites, especially the more popular ones. The p

Default Why this site should prosper...

Here is what someone on a competing site assumes to be a real black SS cap.

The photo and the question embody for me what has happened to these sites, especially the more popular ones.

The phrase "darkness at noon" creeps into my mind. Or images of the 1950s of nuclear weapon shots in Nevada.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t_E1ny_E9rsapka1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg 
Views:	2984 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	70380  
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Why this site should prosper

For those in doubt, here is a contrasting image of what I believe and hope to be authentic caps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

Default Re: Why this site should prosper...

You my collegue FB and known others to this site is what makes "War Relics Forum" the top notched forum that it is.

As you probably know as i do that alot of these forums cannot survive because, excuse my expression " don't know their own ass from their head " or visa versa.

Years of collecting does not correlate into original and wisdom if what you have in your hands over the years is a fake. One must study study study going back to the manufacture/item in question.

I don't have to explain to you FB as you know what it takes and the existence of other sites faulter because of the lack of knowledge with true examples to compare to.

This is my point of view and why i listen to what others say on this forum.

rgds, Tyrone

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    You my collegue FB and known others to this site is what makes "War Relics Forum" the top notched forum that it is.

As you probably know as i do that alot of these forums cannot survive because, excuse my expression " don't know their own ass from their head " or visa versa.

Years of collecting does not correlate into original and wisdom if what you have in your hands over the years is a fake. One must study study study going back to the manufacture/item in question.

I don't have to explain to you FB as you know what it takes and the existence of other sites faulter because of the lack of knowledge with true examples to compare to.

This is my point of view and why i listen to what others say on this forum.

rgds, Tyrone
    Thanks so much for the kind words, and my post was not intended to be self serving or to be hurtful of others. Rather the opposite, that I despair about the accumulation of wisdom here in the sum of this lost decade of websites and posts. How many did I do on the daggers and lord of the flies sites? I tell you, in reading, for instance, the regulations on the manufacture of regalia from 1936 (reprint of same I finally bought for USD 150), a thousand questions come to me for which I have no answer whatsoever. And a close reading of the documents goes totally against the grain of much collector group think as concerns regalia. But I warn you as the year wanes, I have bought the whole run of Uniformenmarkt in DVD (it is in the holiday post) and propose to shatter the barriers of ignorance that have confounded me. But thanks for the kind words all the same and merry Christmas and a happy new year, too. Especially for your fine grand daugher, for whom we pray for a better world than that of today.

PS Clausewitz is not wearing a hat in this picture. Nor did he cause the US nearly to lose the war in Iraq, either.
    damit, basta.

FB, i have full confidence that you will crack that barrier that has been haunting you? and most of the questions running through your mind will be clarified ?

In all honesty i picture you as a well educated refined man, debonair with great taste. I could be wrong but i do enjoy pondering that thought

I myself am interested in your finds and will lend my big ear to absorb if you are willing to share.

Thank you for the kind words of my Grand-daughter. I will have a Merry Merry Christmas because i have 5 loving children and grand-daughter that are healthy, loving and are prosperous.

I wish the same to you Friedrich, Have a Merry Christmas !! and if you have no where to go you are welcome to my humble home if flying to America is not an issue

best rgds, Tyrone

The best of the season to you Tyrone, and thanks for the kind words. You set a good example for all of us here with your generous sentiment in the holidays. Would that such attitudes and gentleness prevail on the other sites, with mouldering caps rescued from Kazakh bomb test sites and the heaps of "sculls" to crush all human hope.

Let us hope that Santa Claus brings me the Uniformenmarkt DVDs and I shall share it all with you in good turn. May he bring you and yours all the good fortune possible in this world afflicted with so much misery and suffering. May your credit rating and mine allow us an upright gait in the year 2010.

May we avoid the fate of selling pencils or apples on the street corners, as has been the shadow of things in the past 18 months.

May our soldiers at the front (and my students...) avoid death and wounds in the battles of now and to come, and may they return safely to their loved ones and homes to live out their lives as they so deserve.

May also those who relish and lust for war, but have never had any experience of soldiering and combat, think twice about the reality of it all.

May our arms be victorious, but also may the world suffer less from war and might those places rent by war find peace and prosperity as is the case now in central Europe.

This year I found the hat making book and the Herstellungsvorschriften, so I am ahead of the game. I am very excited about the Uniformenmarkt thingy, that is certain.

My reading of DVDs will be curtailed by my detached service beyond the looking glass, but perhaps even there I can find the originals of the Mitteilungsblaetter der RZM, as well. Perhaps I shall be lucky and find the surviving master cap maker apprentice in my detached service. He or she can decipher the code, but my struggle with Viennese dialect is a chore. One hears it far less nowadays than in my youth.

Servus und frohes Fest!
    damit, basta.

schnellmann
    ?

If you hurry, you can buy both these hats, and the pin (which is made in Russia, the ad says) for about $110.00, on fleabay.

The poor NVA must be subsumed in the Waffen SS over and over again. Ulbricht and Honecker must be in torment. Do these odd, fake Deschler badges come from Russia?
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    T

May our soldiers at the front (and my students...) avoid death and wounds in the battles of now and to come, and may they return safely to their loved ones and homes to live out their lives as they so deserve.

May also those who relish and lust for war, but have never had any experience of soldiering and combat, think twice about the reality of it all.

May our arms be victorious, but also may the world suffer less from war and might those places rent by war find peace and prosperity as is the case now in central Europe.

Servus und frohes Fest!
    Total agreement FB and thanks for these words and thoughts .

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Total agreement FB and thanks for these words and thoughts .

regards

Paul
    Thanks and all the best of the season to you and yours. FB
    damit, basta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast