Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tag

Article about: What's the story behind them ?? And may I have your opinion for an average price for one in almost mint condition ? Thanks

?

Default Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tag

What's the story behind them ??

And may I have your opinion for an average price for one in almost mint condition ?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tag
    P
    Many

Might I note that we have dozens of posts on this subject. This item is a kind of Loch Ness monster of SS regalia.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-16-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagThey were incorrectly identified as SS overcoat armbands. There has never been a definitive answer on these. They were utilized for years as they are found with both the early cloth tags and then the later paper tags. An earlier version made in 1936.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagThey were incorrectly identified as SS overcoat armbands. There has never been a definitive answer on these. They were utilized for years as they are found with both the early cloth tags and then the later paper tags. An earlier version made in 1936.
    Thanks to our leading authority.

Wool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagWool NSDAP armband with SS cloth tagAn SS overcoat arm band on an SS overcoat.

Several sold on WAF this week for $250 a piece.

?

Thanks for your answers. I also saw the association to overcoats but all the overcoats I've seen had the regular ones with the black lines... It seems all with the cloth tags are dated to 1936.

Sorry if the question was already asked before.

"They were incorrectly identified as SS overcoat armbands. There has never been a definitive answer on these. They were utilized for years as they are found with both the early cloth tags and then the later paper tags. An earlier version made in 1936."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Blaise View Post
    Thanks for your answers. I also saw the association to overcoats but all the overcoats I've seen had the regular ones with the black lines... It seems all with the cloth tags are dated to 1936.

Sorry if the question was already asked before.
    No reason for apologies. This question, however, has arisen very frequently, and often the earlier answers are more comprehensive and perhaps informative.

This is also a comprehensive and informative thread because of our Bob Coleman.

The assertion of "overcoat" brassards arises from a very early illustrated work from more than forty years ago that misidentified this item as such. This error has been blindly repeated over the course of time,
    which says a lot about collectors and their relative effort to know more.

I have never seen such a brassard on an SS overcoat, and I own five of them.