Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you have these in your collection

Article about: Up for sensible discussion, are a pair of WSS slip on shoulder boards piped in yellow for signals. Standard correct subtle NCO's tress, wool construction, artificial silk under. Rayon/silk p

Thumbs up Would you have these in your collection

Up for sensible discussion, are a pair of WSS slip on shoulder boards piped in yellow for signals.

Standard correct subtle NCO's tress, wool construction, artificial silk under. Rayon/silk piping. These have the correct keyhole stitching. Non of it glows under blacklight BUT...................... ????? I am not happy with them, so I am asking for thoughts. I have had one opinion on them, I'll reserve telling until later. The wool does feel coarse, everything else looks and feels right, but its that old gut feeling. A bit like the honour ring doc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would you have these in your collection   Would you have these in your collection  

Would you have these in your collection   Would you have these in your collection  

Would you have these in your collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would you have these in your collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Would you have these in your collection

John, this is very hard question, they are not what I count the textbook straps for the mid war. Firstly if they will be lined with cotton liner I would more prefer them as for early shoulder straps. IMO the prevar straps made the same as Heeres etc straps, the mid war shoulder boards was made by more simplified technology, and using very cheap KZ camp workers. In other, probably that is some kind of Panzer signals?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I would tell- personally I would touch it
    Regards,
    Dimas

you reckon they are good Dimas?

?

I would like to have them in the hands to inspect- from that pictures I can't say original or not, but personally I have some unexplained doubts- just a wrong feeling, but that is doesen't matter- I will never say they are bad from first look, let's wait for other opinions.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Check the lining on the back of the board that has the stitches running the length of the back side. If there are two pieces of material sewn together with the zig zag stitches chances are very good that they are real. Fakes will run zig zag stitches down the back to look like 2 pieces but it will be a solid piece of cloth. The pieced together backing was a wartime effort to use all material scraps to conserve cloth.
    Please see picture of back of shoulder board.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would you have these in your collection  

I will not comment on the items as shoulder straps are not an area I collect. For me, this is already becoming a very informative thread and look forward to learning more before it runs it's course.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Steve, and thanks for your comments concerning the stitching on the tabs.

I had checked the stitching before posting, but omitted it in the original post. Not on purpose, honest.

This is what is confusing. The stitching does join 2 pieces of material, but it is not split all the way down? So to answer your question.............it is stiched..............sort of.

Personally, I don't like them, but i can't put my finger on it. If I felt confident they'd be on my site!

?

High John
    With the description that you have given about the stiching on the back I would think that they are real ones. As of yet I havn't seen any replicas that are really 2 pieces put together even if they are from the same scrap. They certainly look like good ones to me.

I like what I see, but must add the caveat that there are very good replicas being made.

The pictured shoulder boards have many of the traits I look for in original shoulder boards. They appear to be the longer type which are often used for greatcoats.

Bob Hritz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast