Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A WSS colored cap in California...

Article about: After the Adolf desk, the Mengele paper our wonderful Craigy is always here with a new Extra Mega rare cap....your comments are welcome of course...

Against the chance the thing is real, and I surely cannot say, such a cap is desirable, but the context here is far from promising.

The dealer does have real grey SS caps, and real black SS caps, too.

damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  tumblr_l8o8e81wWc1qz72v7o1_500.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  101.1 KBName:  vertigo-fort-point.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  7.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	30899_Natalie-Wood-560a.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	649645This is also in California and has more merit than the celebrity whiz bang. Actually, all of this was in California, once, in a better time in my life, and thus.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    damit, basta.

The sight of this odd man's pudgy, little fingers grasping such real and or quite bogus bits of the past is fairly repugnant.
    damit, basta.

Let us discuss the item and not the seller as we are not a dealer bashing forum.

I do agree wholeheartedly.

Someone should examine the cap and tell us what they think.
    damit, basta.

I couldn't help myself...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gottlieb_x4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	649653

Also the hat itself appears to have a slightly off fieldgrey colour too it, aswell as the insignia simply not matching the wear of the hat.

I would more than love to start a separate thread on the finer images pleasing to the eye..and not just TR caps..but a weakness for Natalie Wood
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I would more than love to start a separate thread on the finer images pleasing to the eye..and not just TR caps..but a weakness for Natalie Wood
    Bravo. A man after my own heart.
    damit, basta.

I also eschew dealer bashing, especially in this man's case, since he garners more than his share.

I have never bought anything from him.
    damit, basta.

I do Not care for the sweat shield. It looks like brand new plastic rather than celluloid, and yet the printing beneath it is worn? And, if a person is going to change the skull on such a minty looking cap(why did it originally have a fake skull on it, by the way?) why would they not put a matching shiny mint set on it instead of this worn and discolored pair? If this hat was ever on the head of an officer, the officer must have had a plastic bag over his head and wore gloves as well. I would not have this "minty and rare" cap in my collection for free....

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast