MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WSS tunic

Article about: Hello Guys Can you take a look at this restored tunic. My question is was it born as a WSS tunic? I am interested in it without the insignia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default WSS tunic

Hello Guys

Can you take a look at this restored tunic. My question is was it born as a WSS tunic? I am interested in it without the insignia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WSS tunic   WSS tunic  

WSS tunic   WSS tunic  

WSS tunic   WSS tunic  

WSS tunic   WSS tunic  

WSS tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WSS tunic

It could be a Waffen SS from birth, but it is Heer patterned.

A five button tunic is unique to the SS and could never have been anything else.

A six button could be Heer originally and converted post war using SS insignia. But a six button could also have been and only been SS. The "tell" on a Heer conversion would be thread holes or a shadow where a breast eagle was removed.

Having said that, it is my understanding that there are wartime Heer conversion. There are wartime photos of SS men in tunics with breast eagle shadows visible.

?

Nice original tunic (restored as stated by the seller). Tons of 6 button ss officer tunics has been worn and IMO the 5 and 6 button regulation on ss and army tunics were mainly for the enlisted and nco tunics that was issued. Until the M40 tunic both army and ss used the 5 button tunic and from the M41tunic the army had the 6 button issued. The M42 two belt hole 5 button tunics and M43 tunic were waffen ss pattern.

Regards
    Lars

?

I don't see the difference between 5 or 6 buttons, there was not any regulations for that, all the officers tunics was made by tailors, and a Italian gabardine cloth, as well as a Holland officers cloth used for making both Heer and SS tunics.
    I will say that a lot of M 44 Heer officers, contrast issue tunics was made from the Italian gabardine, as well as a M 44 enlisted ranks tunics
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Re 5/6 button tunics: you are confusing this with other ranks ISSUE tunics. This so called "rule" does not apply to Officers tailor made items.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to give your opinons. I appreaciate it very much.

Cheers

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Re 5/6 button tunics: you are confusing this with other ranks ISSUE tunics. This so called "rule" does not apply to Officers tailor made items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Okay, looks like I screwed that up. I know enlisted combat tunics made for the W-SS are five button with two holes for belt hooks versus the Heer 6/3 pattern.

I assumed, made-up, thought, overheard, or read erroneously that the 6/5 rule also applied to Heer and W-SS officer tunics.

Obviously quite a few 6 button Heer pattern tunics were used by W-SS officers. So is there such a thing as a W-SS pattern officer's tunic? And if so what are the "tells?"

The only "pure" Waffen SS Officers tunic would really be the pre war SS-VT M37 tunic.

Cheers, Ade.