Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german armbands

Article about: I am new to this site I picked up these armbands and I am hoping they are real had a black light test on them they past that but how else can you test any info would be greatly appreciated t

dmulroney
    ?

Default ww2 german armbands

I am new to this site I picked up these armbands and I am hoping they are real had a black light test on them they past that but how else can you test any info would be greatly appreciated thank you I hope I am in the right site if not please tell me . I have been collecting for 27 years have 62 in all was not going to post all. People are ruining fore others with all the fake crap,ww2 german armbandsww2 german armbandsww2 german armbandsww2 german armbandsww2 german armbandsww2 german armbandsdon..

2. # ADS

Have never seen armband types such as these. Mind you, it isn't one of my better fields, so I couldn't provide a definite yes/no answer in regards to authenticity.
    However, I've heard previously that ink stamps on armbands tend to be bad news. I'd be especially wary of any SS stamps, as these are commonly added spuriously to increase buyer appeal, as well as the price tag.

Hopefully someone better qualified than me pops in soon and helps you out. It's a great community, and we're all here to help one another.

Regards, B.B.

Hello

Welcome to the forum. I have not seen armbands before, I cannot comment on the authenticity of these armbands. This being said high quality pictures with better lighting may be needed identify if they are real or not.

Rockett

Ink stamps in of themselves are not a death nail. Having said that IMO none of these items are period. Some are outright fantasy I think. Best regards.

Brian

Not that this is a definitive guide in fact I'm certain some examples are spurious. But it's not the worst reference either. From German daggers dot com. Best regards welcome to the forum.

Armband Identification Gallery

And for further reference

ww2 german armbandsww2 german armbands

Period original stamped armbands from collectors guild for reference
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-07-2017 at 02:15 PM.

?

I don't believe any of these are genuine Sir. They seem to all have incorrect material and as previously mentioned, some if not all are fantasy pieces.... I wouldn't be comfortable with any of those in my collection...

Garbage.

In addition to what has been said above, they are not even spelt right.

For example, grammatically, it should be Deutscher Postschutz (although it wasn't actually called that, but simply Postschutz), Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, SS-Kriegsschule (although there was no school with that designation) etc.

I would agree with HLP, non are period .
    Morris

?

Welcome to the forum and glad your here. Thanks for posting your items. I agree with my fellow colleagues that these are not authentic or period pieces.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com