Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic

Article about: would like any information on a WWII SS German Allgemeine Reserve Tunic how can I post pictures to this post - - ------- - - I got 12 other pictures how can I post them --- one by one?

Default WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic

would like any information on a WWII SS German Stammabteilung Tunic
    how can I post pictures to this postWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic

- - ------- - -

I got 12 other pictures how can I post them --- one by one?
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 08-14-2017 at 05:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic
    P
    Many

Lesson #1. This is a Stammabteilung tunic and not an Allgemeine tunic. I have owned a period untouched Stammabteilung garment and it did not have a gray piped kampfbinde on it. I have never seen a period picture of such an armband and believe it to be a fantasy item to enhance. The ty rune appears to be a known reproduction insignia. The twisted black and gray piping is not appropriate for an obersturmbannfuhrer rank. From the one picture, I see multiple problems already. Welcome to the forum. Go to the technical issue forum for instructions on posting pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Posting these on behalf of Broscoe..

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic   WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic  

?

We have more images and info on the SS-Stammabteilung on this site than anywhere else in the digital ether. Do a search and you will be rewarded. The purple edged sturmband is just silly. Mr. Coleman has answered your question though...
    WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic
    Last edited by jHAM; 08-14-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have owned a period untouched Stammabteilung garment and it did not have a gray piped kampfbinde on it. I have never seen a period picture of such an armband and believe it to be a fantasy item to enhance. The ty rune appears to be a known reproduction insignia. The twisted black and gray piping is not appropriate for an obersturmbannfuhrer rank.
    In addition to what Bob Coleman already said:

The "Reserve 1" cuff title is a horrible fake and it should not appear on a Stammabteilung tunic in the first place. Also, a cuff title was worn on, not above, the cuff turn-up.

The unit designation on the right collar patch should be in aluminum embroidery for an officer rank, not black as for enlisted ranks.

There should be no black-and-aluminum (black and white?) outer piping on the shoulder board.

The belt buckle is fake as well (as is anything with the "SS runes in a diamond" marking).

The party badge was to be worn on the tie, not the breast pocket.

Siehe da.WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic

The insignia on the fantasy item is all boogered up as Bob and Andreas point out. They are a berserk interpretation, but they fall wide of the mark.

We also have examples of real "Reserve" cuff titles, etc.WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunicWWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic

Credit to the one picture, Hassler. Credit to the omnibus image, Delich

The cuff title on the dusty tunic is an object I would sincerely love to secure, if it is for sale....WWII SS German Stammabteilung tunic
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-13-2017 at 10:09 PM.

I am pretty sure I know who made this insignia. He is now deceased and I will not soil his name. However, I know he made another Sturmabteilung officer set with the same mistakes including black on the unit side and the incorrect piping. It is possible that he put this whole thing together.
    BOB

The Gau Thurtingen badge and the belt and buckle are also bad. Can't tell on the NSDAP pin from these pictures.
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast