Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Fake or Authentic? WWII Waffen-SS M43 & M40 Tunics with full Insignia

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is the M43 Tunic Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the Götz von Berlichingen Cuff Title Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Sleeve Eagle Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Collar Tabs & Shoulder Boards Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M43 Collar Tabs & Shoulder Boards Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M43 Tunic Stamps Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is the M40 Tunic Stamps Authentic?

0 0%
  • Is Both Tunics Wrong & Fake?

4 100.00%
  • Is the M40 & M43 Tunic look authentic but something on them is wrong?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?

Article about: WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help? I have these limited photographs available currently but will g

?

Quote by Leopardesigns View Post
    Haha I know my spelling is off track.. I tell you what I will get the photographs of Gisela Retsch and his awards, all of what he left for our museum and I will put it on here. I don't know much about records, but we all know records have holes in it.. if we had all the records, we would've known everything about the Second World War but instead tons of paperwork, files and work was completely destroyed either on purpose or... just never survived the War.

This man is very real! And he was as a German Soldier for the Waffen-SS ranked as the youngest soldier in WWII to receive the Knight's Cross that was awarded to him by the A. Hitler. As soon as my parents get back from Malta, they open up the museum and I'll post his pictures and history on WarRelics for everyone to read up on. Believe me, I would;t go spin a story like this, what is there to gain! Nothing.. so why would I even bother in the first place if it wasn;t the truth.
    Based on your attitude, you may not have the option to post anything in the very near future concerning anything... Too bad... You may have had a opportunity to add to the "Forum" let's hope it doesn't come to that
    G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?
    P
    Many

Quote by Leopardesigns View Post
    Haha I know my spelling is off track.. I tell you what I will get the photographs of Gisela Retsch and his awards, all of what he left for our museum and I will put it on here. I don't know much about records, but we all know records have holes in it.. if we had all the records, we would've known everything about the Second World War but instead tons of paperwork, files and work was completely destroyed either on purpose or... just never survived the War.

This man is very real! And he was as a German Soldier for the Waffen-SS ranked as the youngest soldier in WWII to receive the Knight's Cross that was awarded to him by the A. Hitler. As soon as my parents get back from Malta, they open up the museum and I'll post his pictures and history on WarRelics for everyone to read up on. Believe me, I would;t go spin a story like this, what is there to gain! Nothing.. so why would I even bother in the first place if it wasn;t the truth.
    And you still maintain the existence of man named Gisela. (Not to be confused with a boy named Sue.)

?

As per rbminis, I will refrain from posting any Johnny Cash pics..

Oh I'm sorry I am new so my bad.. and I apologize! Won't for anything for sale at all
    Mmm.. okay I am misunderstanding something here?? Sorry I'm so confused now!

Why you would say that about this Paratrooper badge...? It doesn't make any sense to me.. are you saying that these metal badges were not made to have a golden colored eagle with the rest being a silver metal color? are you saying that the manufacturer never made the medals? I feel like don't want toes reply.. sorry with all respect, I don't like correcting someone or to sound like a know it all and I deeply apologies if yo fee my reaction is unprofessional but I am trying my best here.

If you are stating that this award technically never existed.. The Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe in gold or the basically just the WWII German Paratrooper Badge in Gold made with a golden eagle?

Then I am assuming this poor feller was given a fake by his commanding officers? wrapped off hey
    WWII Waffen-SS Elite M40 Götz von Berlichingen & M43 Signal Corps Tunics complete with Insignia (Authentic or Fake?) Help?

You can see the eagle shining so much bright than the dull silver piece around the eagle.. right
    and I suppose this poor chap also received a fake one.. cause it's supposed to be silver like you're saying right?

...and this cloth patch which everyone know is original is also now a fake because why would anyone make a cloth patch of the same award for tunics with a golden eagle and not produce them in metal versions as well?

So if that is true... what you are saying.. then all the hundreds of originals selling right now all over the world and ending up in big collections are all just a fake scandal of a modern creation set to lie to all collectors in World? which means almost everyone is fooled but you know it;s not right?

And you are saying that the markings on the back is fake right?
    Now if you and I were the best of friends and we decided to go into a little business together and we say got this idea that we are going to start producing our own fake badges.. right, then why would you or I, fake a badge and go through all the money, efforts and time to create a massive machine to specialty cut and designed massive metal hammer blocks with the finest most beautifully little lettering creating on purposely that specific name of a true manufacture that did exist in WWII? why would we than fake something and make it more expensive for ourselves to produce them and then stand the least chance to fool anyone out there with out specially and brilliantly made Badge?

Wouldn't any fake artist then specially try and copy an already existing item and try to get it as identically the same as possible?

I am sorry to break it to you.. but the The Golden FJ Paratrooper Badge did exist and was awarded to the German Paratroopers right through the War and some of the rarer makes to be found was in fact produced by the firm of Friedrich Keller in Oberstein/N. And if it weren't then my uncles father who shot down a Ju-52 lied his entire life about his badge that he took of a dead Paratrooper! Right? And he just happened to have the badge on him since he was in the War, and his son.. my uncle to happened to lie about it too for his entire life when he told us about when he was a little boy, he remembers all of the stuff his father brought back from the War.

Mmmm interesting isn't it. Okay well I'm just not going to say anything anymore..

But word of advice to the wise, just because there is not much or no proof to left to prove something original.. does not mean it is a fake.. cause any fake artist can tell it's impossible make this and would never brand it with a name that apparently never existed.. otherwise they might as well make a german helmet and put the Queens Crown stamp inside the helmet just for fu then try and sell it as originals!

Yes his name was Gisela, that s correct.. and if back in the day a girls name.. yes he was proudly named Gisela and I remember having a crush on his granddaughter who was a year older than I, her name was Giselle.. but I have't seen or heard from her fro many years.. I've recently tried to search for her of Facebook but I fear that something might have happened I don't know Her father was friend of my dad who flew together in the Air Force on Impalas during the War in Angola and he died of cancer when I was still very young.. so if she is still around, it would be very hard to find her unfortunately.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Mr Leopard is boring me to death
    I'm surprised he's still here!......

?

Did not Larry C. already give him "Fair" warning about posting other items not withstanding in this thread ??

I apologize if I may offend anyone! There's just no reason to be honest that's all. We grown so used to so many people faking stuff and ruining everything.. lying and full of themselves like I am being that we just don't trust anyone anymore... and we judge each other and that is not right. We should try to trust and be open minded that's all.

I am still hoping to hear a few more comments on the tunics before I'll close this thread forever. Thanks

I never said that the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe didn't exist but, they were all manufactured with a silvered wreath and a gold finished eagle. It is just that they were never referred to as being gold.
    If the lettering were raised, then someone would have had to create a new die. It is pretty simple for someone to create a name stamp and stamp the reverse of a fake badge. It really doesn't take much effort to do this and fakers do this all of the time. They like to use the name of a known maker and add it to awards that were not actually made by the original makers just to create doubt that it is possibly original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I just don't appreciate being called a liar.. I have no reason on this good earth to lie to anyone about anything and to behest I actually can't remember how many years last I lied about anything at all. Just no point cause lying just ends up biting you back in the ass anyways so what's the point to even try.

What I find funny is we think we know it all.. but in reality we don't know much, just from what was left behind from WWII and that is that! So many factories were bombed into splitherines.. nothing remained, so many documents and paperwork were burnt, so much truth is so many things lost forever! I mean there is even over 36,000 American troops that have to this day never been discovered in Normandy were they fell and died! Their remains? Just part f the landscape I guess and no burial for them..

For example... no one has ever driven the Maybauer Knight's Cross a fake! No one.. Nothing but yet it's written off and why? It's simple because there is not enough evidence to prove that it is original! That is all.. and according to the history of the factories that manufactured these were with proof! Bombed out of existence by a flight of Lancaster Bombers from England and no one to this day knows or will ever know if that factory had their own plates "equipment" to make their own version of the Knight's Cross and again... why would any faker artist go and bladie make a Knight's Cross to freaking beautifully and so perfectly and then go and make it so much more beautiful creative and do so much effort to make a more complicated version of the Knight's Cross!? And no the faker artists who apparently made them are not retarded or blind!

Get my point... collecting WWII German Memorabilia is an open minded game, some things worth for some and for others not so well.
    Everyone ha their own opinions! I like that and I respect that too!!! But with so many things no one is right and no one is wrong.. unless someone can donate us a time machine to really actually know the truth LOL

You get two types of collectors in the world:
    Those who are textbook collectors who follow everything by the books and then you get the more open minded collectors that see just as much value in a field made item than a factory made piece that looks at the item, feels it.. tests it, does tons of research and then determines it's originality and appreciates it for what it is.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast