Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"XXXXV" SS District CT opinions needed...

Article about: by Doktor No Bruce's evil Plan, to satisfy these crazed Collector's who like cut-off parts of Uniforms, is to acquire complete untouched Uniforms and then hack them apart selling off one pie

Default Re: "XXXXV" SS District CT opinions needed...

Quote by Doktor No View Post
    Bruce's evil Plan, to satisfy these crazed Collector's who like cut-off parts of Uniforms, is to acquire complete untouched Uniforms and then hack them apart selling off one piece at a time for maximum profit. I think he just posted up the collar of this Tunic that was cut off and then cut in two again. I am undecided if I want the right side or the rank side. I could always wait for the left front breast pocket to be removed as it has a smashing sports badge still attached, how exciting !

Seriously, the above is a very nice Cuff title. No brainer.
    But there is more truth, dear Doktor No, in your post, even if it does not apply to Mr. Herman. I know of SS "scull" collectors who deface actual caps to get their cussed cap badges avec 'crimped prongs', heedless of the vandalism they do....and in an earlier period, collectors mined these uniforms for insignia, though the chopping bit is over the top. But never under estimate how low collectors and dealers will go to satisfy the urge for profit. The US Army passed through Strassburg and it remained part of the USAREUR COMZ until the early 1960s and the French exit from the NATO integrated military structure. I got a Standarte 122 Allgemeine SS uniform from Herman some years ago, which is 110% excellent. The Los Angeles area has a lot of Nazi regalia left in it, especially old collections from personages now destitute and who are abolishing them. Herein lies the real pay dirt. One can also hope for future personages who become destitute and then de-accession their foetid woolens.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Wink Re: "XXXXV" SS District CT opinions needed...

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Yes. I think this part of a large collection that he is selling. It contains a lot of authentic SS material. SS Abschnitt XXXXV was HQd in Strassburg, so the piece has your name on it obviously.

Such Abschnitt cuff titles are quite rare, really, as you know. The ones from the territories annexed in the growth of the III. Reich also have a certain interesting aspect.

The piece is actually under priced for what it is. The best way is to examine it yourself.
    Thank you Friedrich, indeed that's the point ! => Straßburg...
    Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 12-26-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Thank you Friedrich, indeed that's the point ! => Straßburg...
    Dann sollen Sie aber zugreifen, bevor die Anderen zuschlagen...!

I should be able to write this in French, but it would take me a while.

Frohes Fest und guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

Postscriptum: I do not have the Szt on my Tastatur here. It is a real pity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    damit, basta.

I am hanging on for this piece !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hacked Off.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	261.4 KB 
ID:	165398  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice. The woman is also like your Goth mistress, too. Is the black uniform yours? Do not be so coy. I was never one for grosse Ordenschnallen, but this is a nice piece you show us.
    damit, basta.

Thank you, I take quite a few precautions to ensure my Wool items are never contaminated by human oils, dander or tiny creatures.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dann sollen Sie aber zugreifen, bevor die Anderen zuschlagen...!

I should be able to write this in French, but it would take me a while.

Frohes Fest und guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

Postscriptum: I do not have the Szt on my Tastatur here. It is a real pity.
    Thank you Friedrich ! Merry Chrismas and a happy new year !

for the "Sz", try (Alt + 225) = ß

Ursula Andress was hardly a tiny creature, and I would be happy to be contaminated by her. Less so by the other one of the present era--though she is a smart woman and reads Schopenhauer. I am less smitten with her, really. But Ursula Undress was certainly a feature of my youth, with all that implied in a more innocent and somehow much freer age despite fall out shelters, 35 cent leaded high octane gas, and such.
    damit, basta.

Staying within the confines of Sweden is not so bad, a lot of indoor time for producing Movies during those extraordinary Winters.

I do intend to keep this related to SS Cloth. I am working my way forward before I go backward to the most interesting Companion of Coco Chanel. Now if Herr FB can produce a picture of her Wartime lover in Uniform my Holidays will be very joyous indeed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zz_unsigned_britt_ekland1.sized.jpg 
Views:	2311 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	165471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50425224.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	165473  

Those are also very pleasing vimmin there. My taste is very retrograde, mind you.
    But the Coco Chanel thing is a bridge too far for me, though I saw the recent film about her and Stravinsky.
    I am afraid I draw a lump of coal with that one, actually.

I am actually quite fond of certain vimmin of the era 1933-45, i.e. Zarah Leander who was also a Swede.Name:  220px-Zarah_Leander_1939.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  17.2 KB
    Or Marika Roekk, the Hungarian answer to Ginger Rogers in a way. But with a very pleasing voice, too. Name:  mainacht.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  17.6 KB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast