Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

You never know when its going to pop up!

Article about: Dimas, I agree. I mean, look at the Totenkopf! Already turned into a snack by the moths! I still think its cool enough to be in my collection, but how sad! I told the guy that too! Well both

Default You never know when its going to pop up!

I was on vacation in Florida. We were visiting my wife's grandparents. They told us about a few small antique shops so we went and visited them. Didn't find anything worth much as is usual in those shops.

On the way home she wanted us to visit one of her friends (Mary). We were chatting and mentioned that I was looking for military antiques. Mary's son abruptly left and came back with a large box. Inside was a great deal of SS items that Mary's husband brought back from WW2. I was told the items were not for sale but were being kept as "heirlooms".

I politely asked if they would be willing to sell a few items? They said that would be ok. So I got to pick out two.

Here they are.

You never know when its going to pop up!

The top tab is a little mothed, but I still love it. I have been looking for some Rune tabs for a while.

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement You never know when its going to pop up!
    P
    Many

Default Re: You never know when its going to pop up!

You lucky man Martin What else was in that box?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

"If you don't ask, you don't get". Well done Martin, and thanks for sharing.

Awesome! That's how the best items are obtained. There must be so much unknown stuff out there. I always keep a lookout. The biggest help is word of mouth. I have found that many people own items that they don't know what to do with or who to turn to. When they hear that someone, especially someone they know and trust, is looking for something, they jump at the opportunity to share those items, and sometimes even sell a few. You had some luck here, good job.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    You lucky man Martin What else was in that box?

Nick
    So you really want to know? Because it MIGHT make you sick.

-Martin

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    So you really want to know? Because it MIGHT make you sick.

-Martin
    I'll take that risk

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick,

Well the big one was a full sized SS headquarters banner signed by ever guy in the unit that captured it.
    A single decal SS helmet in PERFECT condition.
    TONS of SS Bevo and other insignia. No cufftitles though. Some GIs told me that they didn't think cufftitles were that cool because there were no swasticas or other nazi symbols.
    Also some minor other third reich items including some tinnies, and other cloth items.

I offered to buy all of it. It still may happen but the family needs to talk about it. They are short on cash so I am keeping fingers crossed.

Anyone know a value on a full sized SS banner signed by the capture group?

-Martin

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    Nick,

Well the big one was a full sized SS headquarters banner signed by ever guy in the unit that captured it.
    A single decal SS helmet in PERFECT condition.
    TONS of SS Bevo and other insignia. No cufftitles though. Some GIs told me that they didn't think cufftitles were that cool because there were no swasticas or other nazi symbols.
    Also some minor other third reich items including some tinnies, and other cloth items.

I offered to buy all of it. It still may happen but the family needs to talk about it. They are short on cash so I am keeping fingers crossed.

Anyone know a value on a full sized SS banner signed by the capture group?

-Martin
    My fingers are crossed for you. I want to see lots of pics of that SS banner !!

Nick

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    My fingers are crossed for you. I want to see lots of pics of that SS banner !!

Nick
    Me too. Good luck!

Fantastic find Martin, and I can only imagine your expression upon opening that box! It's the kind of scenario I dream of, but never imagine happening. I really hope you get to acquire the rest of it.

Mat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast