Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Your opinion on a visor black cap

Article about: Good morning everyone, Could I please have your opinion on this cap please? It looks quite good for me, but I'd value the opinion of the experts Thanks a lot

Default Your opinion on a visor black cap

Good morning everyone,
    Could I please have your opinion on this cap please?
    It looks quite good for me, but I'd value the opinion of the experts
    Thanks a lot

Your opinion on a visor black capYour opinion on a visor black capYour opinion on a visor black capYour opinion on a visor black capYour opinion on a visor black cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion on a visor black cap
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I am far from an expert but I like some of what I see. The insignia are genuine. The wool body looks correct but I'm not sure if the band is a velvet material as I think it should be for an officer's cap. Also the buttons should be silver for an officer. Of course the silver braid may have been added as an upgrade or as a way of enhancing the value of the cap. It may very well be an nice older enlisted wool body cap that has been tampered with. To my novice eyes the interior and tag look correct. Please wait for far more expert opinions as I have only begun collecting these black caps and only own the more common tricot wool enlisted version. I hope it is a good one. Good luck. Al

I really appreciate, thank you!

?

You're welcome, We have some very experienced collectors who will be able to give you a better answer. In the meantime check out this thread, one of many that have wonderful images of real caps shown by our members. pay close attention to the images posted by Friedrich-Berthold and look up any of his old threads for starters.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

?

I'd post it in the Cap Authentication forum for quicker replies--they'll want to see pics under the sweatband too. Is there an RZM tag? Yes, outer band should be velvet for an officer and black buttons aren't right. Inside is authentic and insignia look good. Here's a good link to many A_SS officer visors if you haven't seen it: SS Black-Top OFFICER Visors First one looks just like yours inside..

Nice cap

?

Nothing wrong with this nice private purchase cap!

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    Nothing wrong with this nice private purchase cap!
    Would you say that this was upgraded to an officer version from an enlisted cap because of the black buttons or is this something seen on some private purchase caps?

BTW the cap sold for a reasonable amount at auction

Your opinion on a visor black cap

?

The cap would certainly have started out life with a black leather chin strap...