Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zeltbahn, or SS tent

Article about: Hello all, I am offered this "SS Tent" I have no idea about this kind of item so any input on its authenticity or value would be appreciated.

?

Default Zeltbahn, or SS tent

Hello all,

I am offered this "SS Tent" I have no idea about this kind of item so any input on its authenticity or value would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeltbahn, or SS tent   Zeltbahn, or SS tent  

Zeltbahn, or SS tent   Zeltbahn, or SS tent  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zeltbahn, or SS tent
    P
    Many

It is a Zeltbahn. In English we would call it a shelter quarter. Four of them could be combined with hardware to make a small tent. Sometimes you can spot a manufacturer's name or RB Nr. on the edge. I cannot comment on SS pattern items. Others should chime in.

?

Thanks!, Is there a specific place I can ask for a photo of this to get a spot the fakers get wrong? Or that helps identify it as authentic?

I'm not an SS collector so we need to hear from someone who has experience with this type of camouflage. Eichenlaubmuster is the German term and I believe this is known in English by collector's as the Oak Leaf pattern. You can use those terms to look it up for reference. A search of this sight should also reveal some postings. NH

?

I'm woefully out of my depth with SS camouflage, but my gut tells me this is an original zelt. The visible age, quality of printing, use of multiple patterns, etc. are all good signs. Hopefully there is a true expert in this area that will chime in!

Agree with the above statement. Now where are the Waffen SS aficionados? NH

CBH
    ?

One thing to look for is on the double stitches should be parallel, the SS used a double needle sewing machine on their camo.

How much is being asked for it?
    That is a first clue if it is cheap. ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

It is not cheap IMO but I have no frame of reference $850 is the asking price and it needs to be shipped from Russia

Quote by CBH View Post
    One thing to look for is on the double stitches should be parallel, the SS used a double needle sewing machine on their camo.
    I can find no double stitched seams on my zelt, so this must only apply to helmet covers.
    Ralph.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    It is not cheap IMO but I have no frame of reference $850 is the asking price and it needs to be shipped from Russia
    I can't authenticate for you but that would be about the going price of one of these if I am not mistaken.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast