Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

zip smock

Article about: by Paul E Never see one or seen and contemporary photos showing zipped smocks of any kind, are the photos original ? There is certainly documented/photographic evidence of BRITISH smocks bei

?

Default Re: zip smock

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Never see one or seen and contemporary photos showing zipped smocks of any kind, are the photos original ?
    There is certainly documented/photographic evidence of BRITISH smocks being modified to have a zip fitted. (General "Boy" Browning is probably the most famous one known, having had his Denison Jump smock fitted with one)
    I am sure that I have seen WWII dated photos in books showing GERMAN jackets fitted with zips also, but, as the majority of my books are still packed away following our house move, I cant double check that!

As usual, I am willing to stand corrected by others more knowledgeable than me.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I stumbled over this tread and yes I know this an army smock but it has the zipper and I am pretty confident it was period done.

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy it so for your viewing pleasure here are some pics of it.

/Erik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005_0726smock0016.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	206974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005_0726smock0005.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	206975  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005_0726smock0015.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	206976  

?

thats very cool thanks for posting

I have seen other wartime photos over the years with smocks modified with zips, so it was done on a very limited scale.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I would say the photo is from Russia late war the parka his friend has on were heaverly used in Kharkov by the Totenkopf division. Field modified items were done by one or two men in a division and then other men thought that's a good idea and copyed it. but how meany got modified who know's and today anyone could do the same thing to an original smock. The ONLY way a modified item off any sort could be wild spread is if a feild taller took the idea on the road. GREAT smock all the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12