Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Luftwaffe

Article about: I am a lucky man, gentlemen! This was from an ad on Craigslist. The grouped items were in a box, under a house and the previous owner's wife practically gave these items away. They were then

Default M35 DD Luftwaffe

I am a lucky man, gentlemen!
    This was from an ad on Craigslist. The grouped items were in a box, under a house and the previous owner's wife practically gave these items away. They were then traded to an auto mechanic for work, and then I bought them from the mechanic. I don't think he understood what he had. I ended up trading him my WW2 US field gear along with a fixed-bale M1 and also paid him $380 for the entire lot. I'm pleased to say the least!

What would you value the helmet at?
    Thanks,
    -Flash
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe  M35 DD Luftwaffe 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 DD Luftwaffe

With the liner like that , i'd say around a 900-1000$ max.

Great deal, fantastic looking helmet.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Its a wonderful early LW M35 with many paint.
    I think 800-1000$ are right for this good item.
    Regards
    Nikolaus

I agree, $800-$1000 assuming the decals prove to be legit but that is something out of my league.
    What else did you get in that box of goodies?

You are indeed a very lucky man. Your lucky no one snatched this up before you!
    Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I agree, $800-$1000 assuming the decals prove to be legit but that is something out of my league.
    What else did you get in that box of goodies?
    I was very honest with the young man who sold me these items. He was very excited about starting his own collection, but he was more interested in US military items, mainly pacific theater, than german items. I traded him(with $380 cash) a very salty fixed-bale Navy M1 helmet w/westinghouse liner, and a nice pistol belt with a rare M2 jungle first-aid kit(half complete) and a rare black porcelain canteen(with matching-date tan-canvas cover). Oh yeah, and an unsigned japanese silk prayer flag with a small red stain.

Everything that you see in the grouped picture attached is:
    Army buckle
    Lufty buckle
    WHW Pommern tinny
    Ripped SS sport shirt patch w/manufacturer tag on back
    Army assault badge! Looks like unmarked silver flat back
    Vintage deck of Tunsram Radio playing cards(french? can't find much on the company but they made radios during the war, I think...)
    Nazi party pin
    Army civilian worker armband(yellow with black lettering)
    Lufty ID/passport(with tale-down design if that matters) no ID, unfortunately. only a ID card for a bank account. See this thread.
    Army "Soldbuch" Paybook(empty, and a little stained)
    French Adrian helmet emblem(RF), I needed one for my adrian! It won't be original, but I'm already having to remove it's post-war paint so why not?
    Hindenburg Cross, but with a strange ribbon alignment. you can see it in the grouping picture.
    A single long medal-ribbon with one crossed swords and two eagles(on swastikas). I still don't know a thing about them.
    A piece of thick white canvas with a black eagle-over-swastikas, on both sides. I'll probably never know what it's origin.

I don't want to get too far off topic so I'll post these items in their respective forums(if I don't sell them first!).
    The helmet was really all I was after. Everything else is just a pleasant surprise... ;-)

EDIT--
    Oh, I forgot the elite-diamant bayonet with matching #'s and frog.
    Canteen, red lacquered(Ade, I think I read somewhere that you have one of these!)
    The craigslist ad ran for a week but I'm the only one who called him on the phone! That's why I got it all!
    Last edited by flash developer; 01-26-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    You are indeed a very lucky man. Your lucky no one snatched this up before you!
    Regards,
    Finn
    Hi Finn!
    Guess what? He lived in Bellingham, WA... he was in your back yard!
    Hi neighbor!
    -Flash