Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Default Re: 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Looking good Chris

After some beers and merryment last night I had an M35 on for just a few minutes, and it is certainly noticeable weight. I had a pain in my neck after a very short time. I would not make a particularly efficient soldat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

?

great pics Chris and hey your artwork is better than mine , rgds Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    great pics Chris and hey your artwork is better than mine , rgds Dave
    Thanks, but blimey, you can´t be serious! I was so embarrassed when I had finished it.. but I can´t change it, so hey....
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Where to shall I ship this helmet once I'm done with it, Krad - Norway or Russia? I seriously hope it is still Norway as that will be considerably cheaper.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 03-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Go Norway if you want Chris, I didn't realise you wanted to hang on to it for a while yourself to get your pics. No rush

Where's the helmet? lol

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Where's the helmet? lol
    Somewhere in Northern Europe

Was wondering the same thing!

It is up North with little mermaid!

I'll try to entertain you a bit meanwhile by telling you a little great story.

I was member of the ebay users forum for years, but not the Flemish site!
    I was mainly on the French site, because they was much more fun over there.
    I was having the time of my life there, I litteraly felt from my chair on different occassion's (laughing!!).
    There was thise sort of humor you don't find every where. A perfect match for the main part of that forum!
    We had som querrels too but they where rapidely solved.
    One of the members got paralyzed and we managed to get and buy here a sofisticated pc so she could continue participating to our debats!
    At one time ebayBE(French speaking part!) decided to abolish the forum as it was and as we where used to it, because of severe troubles on the forum of ebay France, witch was never the less a totaly different forum. But some of the ebayfr expelded members came as refugies on the Belgian French speaking forum and started theyre fuzz again.
    That is over 5 years now that it happened and that i lost contact with most of them.
    That particular little groupe made a forum on they own, just for the fun, and to keep in touch.
    But the fun is gone. The spirit of the old day's is gone... So I just posted to say hello and how are you, just now and then.

And thise is where "the helmet " comes in!
    My wife needed new glasses and one of the guy's of the forum is into "glasses", but lives 120 km away from us (I know it isn't that far but to us that is the other side of the country, we are living near the Dutch border , the guy is living at the French border).
    I contacted him by the forum and as he seemed to have the best price we decided to go to Leuze, near Mons.
    I also asked on the forum if they they could give me some intresting WWII related places to have a photo shoot with "our" helmet!
    But no one reacted on my request.
    So we went to Leuze and I took a random pic at the entrance of the village.
    Then comes a coincidence ;when we got to the optic shop, the guy had a pickelhaube in the window he was selling for is father.
    You have to imagine thise small peacefull town where the people have theyre siesta from 12.00 untill 02.00 pm and people have theyre hair cut at the local pub!
    So thise guy had a small part of his optical shop converted into a little antiques shop!
    And I got the helmet at a good price!

Second thing that happened due to the helmet is; now a week ago a book came with the postmen, treating about the battle of Mons with a very detailed plan of where major fights took place and a testimony of major witnesses still alive at the time the book was made.
    It was send by a guy I never met but with who I had a intence virtual bound.
    The reason we never met is that he got very sick and don't want anybody seeing him the way he is ever since....

Here are the "1000 post helmet", the pickelhaube and the book.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Great little story Kris, and I really like the PH. What is the significance of the EK on the wappen, somehow special?

Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast