Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Default Re: 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Thanks for taking the time, reading that silly story, but it moved me when I got the book !!
    About the PH:The wappen shows no device. The device is in the EK. And a open crown.Thise means it is a Prussian reserve officer's Pickelhaube.
    It is no "gem" but its a honest helmet.
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

Any sign of the helmet?

The helmet is with me - and will, as agreed on with Kradspam, be sent to Norway in beginning of May as the next one on the list won´t be home until then. It has only been with me for 3,5 weeks.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Just sent the little mermaid a PM about sending the helmet after all.
    If she had sent it earlier I fear it would have arrived at a time when I was away(Vacation or school trip), and in worst case would be sent back due to not being picked up in time.

I just arrived back here after the school trip, and if the helmet arrives here before the 30th April I might put it in a WW2 display I am putting together for the school.
    If it arrived after that, but before 8th May/11th April(Last day of school), I'll make sure to take pictures on VE day and pictures of historical places I will be visiting on the long drive back home.

I am sorry I have delayed the Helmet's world tour, but I just didn't want to take any chances of it it getting lost in the mail due to my absence, or it having to sit on a shelf for a long time which would make me look like a rather lazy bastard

Here's a sneak peak of the display. Everything was found in the attic by me a couple days back(Will get back to you all on the history later):
    1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I´ll send it around the first week of May, I have too many things to worry about at the moment and my Internet at home is very unstable. Won´t be much online until May, but will stay in touch.

PS: Vegar, you have not delayed the helmet, no worries. ;-)
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Any news chaps?

Haven't you heard.....?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

????

The little mermaid will send me the helmet as soon as possible, there has been a lot of trouble sending it since I got a new address this weekend. Happy VE-day guys
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I would love to be part in it but i don't have 1.000 posts yet...

And i saw no Greek recipients neither on this helmet nor the GHW one!

Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast