Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

When this helmet started it's journey I had less than the required 1000 posts and so couldn't join in - now I have just over 3,000 and its still travelling the northern hemishere!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

No pics from Ralph?

?

I will try and move it along quick as I can gents it would have been nice to take the helmet for a little tour down on the Island but Iam not sheduled for days off for a few more weeks I will see about taking it for a chopper ride to a remote drilling site I will be working at.

Regards Mark

Okay,
    So, like I said, things have been a little off here lately.
    It would have been nice to have this helmet at some time of the year other than winter.
    I really wanted to take it out somewhere other than my own house to take a few photos.
    Most of January was close to -30 deg. C. It makes it difficult to even want to leave the house. When the weather was nicer for approx. two weeks, there were other more important things to be concerned about. Other than that it has been -20 to -25, again, hard to even want to go out.
    Recently my brother was diagnosed with cancer. he has been going through chemo and radiation treatment. During this time, he contracted some form of illness. Originally, he was told that he had Hepatitis and Influenza A. Since then, the consensus is that he had pheumonia and H1N1. The chemo drugs that he was given have caused some form of lung damage and he has a difficult time breathing. He ended up in the ICU at the local hospital.
    My youngest daughter recently gave birth to a son, who's middle name is Anton, after my father. She has also recently moved into her own place which creates lots of work for dad.
    So, unfortunately you will have to be satisfied with some photos of the helmet in my collection room.
    Not quite as grand as Doug's but here they are.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Any photos are better than none Ralph. I had no idea about what was going on in your life and have no idea of what it is like dealing with your climate mate.

Mark, why don't you hang onto it for a couple of weeks and take it to the island or wherever? This is a one off trip, I'm sure they'll be plenty like me who'd love to see pics of this helmet in beautiful Canada. When it gets to me I'll have it for a couple of weeks and you certainly won't be the first or last mate.

No worries Ralph. You have an impressive collection.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    No worries Ralph. You have an impressive collection.........!
    Thanks Steve!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Any photos are better than none Ralph. I had no idea about what was going on in your life and have no idea of what it is like dealing with your climate mate.
    Thanks Dave!
    I would not say that you can ever get used to this type of weather, but rather you learn to deal with it. Have to go to work but, sometimes on the weekends I don't even start my truck if I don't have to.
    Ralph.

Grand be damned...that's a Fine collection room by Anybody's standards! I especially like how many of the badge frames have lots of extra room for future additions! That's thinking ahead! Must be the German blood, hey? I live up near the Canadian border too-pretty near Lake Superior, so I can absolutely commiserate with you on the Winter this year-it's been a Bear, for sure, and no sign of the end yet in sight. Sorry to hear about all the medical problems-again, I definitely hear you! Seems like when it rains, of late, it always turns to flood. Good luck, Ralph!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ralph, that is some man cave
    Ben

Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast