Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

All frozen over ? Lol, I like it much better when
    it's in liquid form. You'd hardly believe it's
    the same place.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I love the pics of the lake Steve, It looks terrific mate!
    That strange white stuff is called snow and ice, by the way, Dave....just thought you might be curious...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, I was wondering what was wrong with the water!lol

I actually like the lake in its frozen form, I can see liquid water any time here but I can't see that amazing winter landscape that you blokes get.

You get tired of it rather quickly Dave, especially this winter
    which was more severe than we normally get.

Occasionally this lake ( Simcoe ) does not freeze and this
    effects local businesses that thrive on American tourists
    who come up for the ice fishing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It's amazing that your lakes freeze like that, we are pleased if ours still have a bit of water in them at this time of year!

This Winter was so severe that the Great Lakes were almost completely frozen over-a very uncommon occurrence.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would love to see something like that someday.

?

Steve you must be chomping at the bit to get out there in the boat and do a little fishing has the ice started to melt away from the edge and sink yet ?
    Dave it is not uncommon on some of the smaller lakes to see ice 2-3 feet thick we have actually drove are truck and campers out on the ice for the weekend to go fishing a very eerie feeling to sleep on the ice and be awoken from the ice cracking sounds very similar to dull thunder very noticeable on windy days as the ice starts to shift and relieve pressure.

Regards Mark

I just read this last post out to my wife who's sitting here alongside me, the idea of driving a vehicle out onto a frozen lake and camping there overnight has left her looking stunned and speechless! (please write more posts like this, I like this reaction from her!lol)

?

I can remember the first time doing this as a kid with my mom and dad and being awaken in the middle of the night by the ice cracking scared the living bejeezuz out of me
    Just got to remember to drill a hole in the ice first and check for thickness and stability the ice is thinnest near the edge and do not park to close to the other campers two rules you must always keep in mind these folks obviously did not know better

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!   1000 Post Helmet World Tour!  

Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast