Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

I suspect KradSpam's real name is Pawel Nowak and that he's been working with postal carriers worldwide all along ---- you guys have been had for sure, milking you one after one

No, really --- it's been on the road for years now... I'm pretty amazed it hasn't gotten lost yet. Looking forward to the update when things are back on track for the OP again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

Andy can be emailed by anyone concerned in the helmet tour via the forum if you go to his profile. He WILL get the message. Then if you get a reply or not will tell you if he's still interested in this project or not, regardless of any long standing problems he may have had.

It's just common courtesy to make the position clear without having to go into the details as to why this has stalled so that hopefully a remedy can be found one way or another into what is rapidly becoming a bit of a joke. All it takes is someone originally listed at the start of the tour as a recipient who has an interest in this farrago to get a grip and sort it out. But is there still any real interest amongst those listed to do this is the question?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned i think the trouble now is andy's gold member status has expired so his allocated messages allowance have defaulted ,ive tryed to message in the past but the forum wont allow untill andy deletes his old messages ,i guess sometimes other thing happen in life which prioritise beyond collecting militaria ,it would be good if he made some form of contact though

Todd has had this for about 8 months and has had the time to take and post quite a few photos, maybe he can take the time to send it on to the next person on the list. There is only 4 or 5 more people to go until Andy gets it back.
    I, for one, would like to see it returned to it's rightful owner.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It really is down to whomever has it to send it on to the next on the list if that person is known. Where it eventually ends ups not that big a deal at this time, it just needs to get moving again IMFO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Personal difficulties can only be explained just so far. We All have our personal Hells that we have to deal with. Get the thing shipped out. People sent it to you and they Trusted you. Now, get it on it's way!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personal difficulties can only be explained just so far. We All have our personal Hells that we have to deal with. Get the thing shipped out. People sent it to you and they Trusted you. Now, get it on it's way!
    I quite agree.. Personal difficulties, Marriage, Divorce & Children, Moving Ect; weigh heavy on one's personal life.
    We all have lives outside of collecting.. I also believe that the current holder has some share of the responsibility to forward to the next in line.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by James C View Post
    Ned i think the trouble now is andy's gold member status has expired so his allocated messages allowance have defaulted ,ive tryed to message in the past but the forum wont allow untill andy deletes his old messages ,i guess sometimes other thing happen in life which prioritise beyond collecting militaria ,it would be good if he made some form of contact though
    I understand that about the Private Messages Jim, but emails always get through to a persons email account regardless, and that's why I specifically said to use that method of communication. That way you know a respondent HAS received the message, end of. If they then choose not to reply tells all.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned a very valid point to be honest i thought the only way of contacting other members on the forum was through private messages alone ,i can be quite slow on the uptake sometimes thanks for highlighting this function

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I'm happy to announce the 1000 post helmet is not lost in transit. It arrived on my doorstep last week. I will probably have it for a little while (i.e. a few months) as I have a busy time coming up with the holidays and all, and family coming in from out of town, and I want to try to get it to DC for some photos at the WWII memorial and other locales, so I apologize if it is with me for a while. It's just that time of year for being on the run However, I'm not sure where I am going to make my mark on this thing, and a tribute to Eric, as some of you have placed some rather large designs on this pot and space is not limited to postage stamp size (at least on the exterior. the inside is wide open.) I'll get a few photos up as soon as I can.
    Well Todd, you have had this helmet for a little over a year now so that should have given you plenty of time to take care of all of your other interests. I think it would be considerate to send it along to the few people left who are still, (although they may have lost hope by now) looking forward to being a part of this affair.
    I know I would like to see it returned to it's rightful owner.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast