Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    I'm happy to announce the 1000 post helmet is not lost in transit. It arrived on my doorstep last week. I will probably have it for a little while (i.e. a few months) as I have a busy time coming up with the holidays and all, and family coming in from out of town, and I want to try to get it to DC for some photos at the WWII memorial and other locales, so I apologize if it is with me for a while. It's just that time of year for being on the run However, I'm not sure where I am going to make my mark on this thing, and a tribute to Eric, as some of you have placed some rather large designs on this pot and space is not limited to postage stamp size (at least on the exterior. the inside is wide open.) I'll get a few photos up as soon as I can.
    Well Todd, you have had this helmet for a little over a year now so that should have given you plenty of time to take care of all of your other interests. I think it would be considerate to send it along to the few people left who are still, (although they may have lost hope by now), looking forward to being a part of this affair.
    I know I would like to see it returned to it's rightful owner.
    Ralph.
    And I felt bad for holding up it's journey for a few weeks trying to get some nice photos.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

?

Great Bump Ralph. It looks like Todd has been on today so hopefully he replies and can give some insight into the whereabouts and status.
    When this tour started I did not have 1000 post yet and watched with envy as it made it way around the world and looked forward to seeing pictures of its travels. I hope this issue can be resolved.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Over 3 years and this project is not at a finish?? As far as I'm concerned it's a lost cause and a heck of a shame. Alot of money and time has been spent on this helmet by people all over the World. People have Died since this thing began and people Will die before it is done. Some names on it are from guys that are long gone and nearly forgotten today. Anyone considering trying this again will certainly think twice Now...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If Andy (kradspam) hadn't taken a sabbatical from the forum this year I think he would still be pushing it along.
    If he does not return ( a real loss ) then it is a dead duck. ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

ive tryed without success to contact andy purely out of interest of his whereabouts to no avail ,but im sure i heard he was contactable over on WAF which i dont frequent at all ,it would be good if he would make contact , im sure as the crow flies im not to far from him geographically if he was interested in its safe return ,quite sad to think of the members who have passed since its inception
    ill look forward to any new updates on the stahlhelms journey
    thanks james

?

Honestly I don't think Andy's presence here really is the point at this moment. The elite that were on the original list have already made their personal & financial commitment by taking it to its places of its pictorial trip and paying the shipping to get it to the next member on the list. In the end this could just be sent back to Ade for use of an icon of the WRF crew members thread until Andy can pick it up.

Has anybody been in contact(PM/Email) with Todd(MD Helmets) and heard anything? He is actively selling items in the classified section so he is around.

My Uncle's B17 Bomb Group's motto comes to my mind at this time
    1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I agree whole heartedly Phil!
    This is still Andy's helmet and if the rest of the members on the list are not interested in continuing this, it should be sent back to Andy. I'm sure someone would be able to obtain his mailing address.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello again chaps, It's been a long time since I've been active, sorry for leaving this hanging.

Long story short my life got flipped on it's head a little last year and afterwards I lost interest in the hobby for a good while, and sold most of my stuff. I actually forgot about this for a long time. I received an Email from Todd the other day that reminded me about the helmet tour. I'm happy for it to continue as far as you guys want to stay involved with it. I'd like to have it on a shelf in the end as a reminder of the folks here and this whole crazy idea. I think Todd has held onto it because I've been out of the loop for so long and he was waiting for a heads up. My inbox has been well over capacity for months unfortunately, and I don't check emails as often as I should so if anyone has sent me anything over the past few months I apologise for my ignorance.

?

Good to hear from you Andy I don't think there is one of us here that were involved with the original tour that would not like to see it get home to you.

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Good to hear from you Andy I don't think there is one of us here that were involved with the original tour that would not like to see it get home to you.

Regards Mark
    I agree with Mark entirely.
    Hope things are looking up for you Andy!
    Ralph.

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast