Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

Article about: I got off work and went to my antique shop to look really quick and flirt with the owner, anyways, I started to flirt with this. She just got it in the store along with a german practice gre

Thanks I thought so too!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago
    P
    Many

Looking forward to our devoted Stahlhelm-Afficionados adding their learned expertise to this example...
    I speculate that if such an overpaint is determined to be authentic, it would enhance your $150 investment significantly, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

I don't follow, we all know the decals are fake ( of course) but you mean the paint that's covering the other fake decal?

It's an original no-decal Quist M40 that was dicked with at some point, probably postwar. Not a bad deal but the paint really kills the collector value.

...Just looking forward to other views, I've still got much to learn as far as decals and paint are concerned...Still a great deal...
    Glenn

the stupid decals, or the whole paint job on the helmet?.. I would like to remove those decals, any ideas?

I have seen these "forward placed decals" before. .. I just can't remember where?

Remember the antique dealer probably paid the seller $50 for it, so selling it to you for triple was the first bargain!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'd be curious enough to carefully shave the paint from the hidden decal for a better look, lol...
    Either way, a good deal at today's prices...chinstraps and liners are going for $100 each out there, and besides the imperfection this is a nice display helmet for the price...you won't have any trouble recouping your $150 investment when/if you decide to resell...
    cheers, Glenn

Yeah I want to check out the decals if someone has a idea how to remove it. She made 50 bucks off it. She bought it for 100. She knew I would want it lol

Very good deal IMO, as said, liners and chin straps are going for over $100 each. As for the Luftwaffe decals, you could try steaming them off, and then I would leave the helmet as is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast