MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

Article about: I got off work and went to my antique shop to look really quick and flirt with the owner, anyways, I started to flirt with this. She just got it in the store along with a german practice gre

hell yeah its a good deal! I could remove these decals and sell it off ebay for 300 + dollars. I just had to get it, I don't think anyone here would pass it up if you had the little extra cash...why not?. Steaming which way?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago
    P
    Many

Maybe it is an old "2nd gen fake" then, who knows... the paint itself overall, barring the oddly bulging "decals" looks kinda good looking at the photos provided (granted, they are poor)... to me at least. The most peculiar part, to me (again), is the left hand side --- almost looks like a poorly post-war painted Heer decal has been neatly painted over, only to have another shitty piece of Luftwaffe ish artwork added partly on top of it. Maybe it's just the photos and the paintwork is really all wrong, all bad... it's just such a strange combination.

At the very least it looks like an original setup, barring the obvious AND the possible post-war paint.

Yeah, don't go messing about too much with the paint
    or you will destroy any potential value. The problem
    using thinners or acetone is that you might remove
    the top coat and end up with smudges on both
    sides, so steaming the visible fake decals off
    might be the best option.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes how would I go steaming, I think this helmet needs to get this shit off!. I knew of course the decals were fake but its a good deal over all for a nice complete helmet

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just a wild and crazy thought...Maybe just a long week and I'm tired and not thinking right. Dismissing the placement of the decal under the paint....is it possible it is a KM 2 layer thus why it is raised?

On second thought, ignore this...even two lays KM's are not this pronounced.
    Definitely not a KM Adler.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    +1!
    Regards,
    John

?

Before you do anything, search to find the absolute best way to fix it. Dont do anything in a hurry.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Yeah, I know...it was the brain on little sleep and hopped up on soda

...before I finished the post I came to my senses.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well I got the decals off. It's the best anyone could do, trust me, I spent hours. Specially that damn heer decal was a mother #&*#&*#. Lost some paint but its expected for these babies were on for a very long time. I think it came out good. Its better looking at it now then with those decals. Screw it, for 150 bucks, oh well!.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago   150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago  

looks like crap now sorry to say. You better kept it as was if you didn't like it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast