Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo Helmet From Normandy

Article about: This named, camoflage helmet, was mailed back to the U S A in 1944 from it's aquisition in Normandy. It is named and afford me another research project. The outline of a Heer decal can be se

Default Camo Helmet From Normandy

This named, camoflage helmet, was mailed back to the U S A in 1944 from it's aquisition in Normandy. It is named and afford me another research project. The outline of a Heer decal can be seen when holding the helmet in hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Helmet From Normandy   Camo Helmet From Normandy  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo Helmet From Normandy
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo Helmet From Normandy

name and rank of owner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Helmet From Normandy  
    BOB

?

Another great example! The decal outline is also can be recognized from a picture
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas-
    How common is it to find camoflaged helmets(except for white)that were worn on the Eastern Front. From the period photographs I have seen, it appears that two and three color camoflaged helmets were found more in use by the Germans on the Western and Mediterranean Fronts.
    BOB

?

The 3 color or even summer/spring/autumn camoufled helmets are very rare in eastern front, usually they were repaint with different paint, from grass green to dark earth.
    Very interesting, that all ground found grass green SS helmets in Mummassaare- Tannenberg Line- Estonia belonged to the the SS division Nederland, so in the future if I'll find one not dug- I will then say which unit has this helmet

So in Eastern front is more than 50% was in white camo, a lot of them has been twice repainted when the weather is changed.
    Here is what i mean, exampkle which has normal field grey wash overpainted over white

This what I mean by the grass green example, there very good soil but unfortunately after the war the bunkers and the forest was burned, and a lot of helmets starts to be in the condition like that

And this is must interesting IMO
    DAK, overpainted in white and then rough feldgrau

This is example which is white, then overpainted with dark-earth grey, when the weather changed back, the helmet was cleaned again

And this is camoufled with khaki like paint, and darker color is original factory paint, this one is from the Eastern front

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nice helmets guys , Raymond

Dimas-
    Thank you for confirming my thoughts in this matter. You have posted some very interesting helmets.
    BOB

?

Hello Dimas,

Thanks for posting the grass green SS helmet from Mummassaare- Tannenberg Line- Estonia, i have one from Estonia with the same colour pattern which i assumed after our discussion about this last time i was there was from Nederland but this photo confirms it,

regards

Paul

Very nice and intresting camo helmet. What does 6ef mean?

Quote by nick vr View Post
    very nice and intresting camo helmet. What does 6ef mean?
    "gef" stands for the rank gefreiter
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast