Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 grandpas shed helmets

Article about: Guys you might know on ebay there are 2 helmets for sale described as from (grand pas shed).The clear implication is these are bring back ww2 helmets.The para helmet i think is a fake.If you

Default 2 grandpas shed helmets

Guys you might know on ebay there are 2 helmets for sale described as from (grand pas shed).The clear implication is these are bring back ww2 helmets.The para helmet i think is a fake.If you see it it has the national colours on the wrong side.The black coloured i think m42 looks post war.He has got bids so far up to 140 uk£S.Thats my opinion short of handling them personally.whats your view on them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 grandpas shed helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 grandpas shed helmets

They might be from Grandpa's shed, but from what you describe, they sound like rubbish. A crude sales attempt with the usual E bay sales blurb...

Cheers, Ade.

Yes ade and it (appears) they are fooling some poor collector so far to the tune of 140uk £s.I was wondering adrian is there a publication on detecting fake german helmets ,and if not there should be !!

I can't find them.... have you got a link?

WOODY JUST GO TO EBAY UK ,AND TYPE IN COLECTIBLES AND THEN GO TO WW2 GERMAN HELMETS,oops sorry for shouting again

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    WOODY JUST GO TO EBAY UK ,AND TYPE IN COLECTIBLES AND THEN GO TO WW2 GERMAN HELMETS,oops sorry for shouting again
    Cheers mate... found them now! Someone must have more money than sense!!!!

E Bay and more money than sense go hand in hand at times...

No book on the subject: it is really best to study originals than to study fakes. Once you know how to spot on original, you will then know a fake as soon as you see it.

Cheers, Ade.

It does now

Cheers, Ade.

Ade i have bought things off ebay ,but you really need all your exsperience to decipher the good from the bad.slightly off topic i bought a lovely vintage gents cartier watch which my friends thought i was mad for buying as they thought it couldbe a fake.It turned out 100% genuine, and as its a mechanical watch its working perfectly.I brought it to a cartier retailer who asured me it was genuine.AS WITH MILITARIA YOU HAVE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR BUYING AND NOT BE TAKEN I9N BY FRAUDSTERS.More shouting sorry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast