Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2 heer lids for ID

Article about: Thanks guys. Alarm bells were ringing when the guy was in a tearing hurry to off-load them, more so than the price - I have had some great deals on recent finds. I have asked him for more fu

?

Default Re: 2 heer lids for ID

Thanks guys. Alarm bells were ringing when the guy was in a tearing hurry to off-load them, more so than the price - I have had some great deals on recent finds. I have asked him for more full res pics, and if I get them it might serve as an education piece for others - another warning, crappy pics!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 heer lids for ID
    P
    Many

As I said before if you are looking for historical value , walk away.
    If you are looking for anything else you are perhaps in the wrong forum here and should check with the restoration forum.
    For the life of me I wouldn't even drop a tenner for these helmets and I'm not a tight git
    Why would you pay money for a complete fake anyway ?

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Schwerpunkt, that is why I posted them, as I have no expertise in this area, and was looking for advice as to their originality; and no, I was not looking for a faked/refurbed lid. Are there any tell-tale signs on those lids that scream fake that you can tell me about for future potential purchases? Liners?

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    As I said before if you are looking for historical value , walk away.
    If you are looking for anything else you are perhaps in the wrong forum here and should check with the restoration forum.
    For the life of me I wouldn't even drop a tenner for these helmets and I'm not a tight git
    That would be quite nice of you, elaborating on why they are complete fakes. I know you are really trustworthy in the helmet department, but i see a M35 that is not too bad looking, for me anyway. The M42 has some fake ribbons attached, but is the helmet itself not ok? I mean, the ribbons could be removed. Just want to learn something, no arguing

Quote by alikat View Post
    Schwerpunkt, that is why I posted them, as I have no expertise in this area, and was looking for advice as to their originality; and no, I was not looking for a faked/refurbed lid. Are there any tell-tale signs on those lids that scream fake that you can tell me about for future potential purchases? Liners?
    Quote by Datrus View Post
    That would be quite nice of you, elaborating on why they are complete fakes. I know you are really trustworthy in the helmet department, but i see a M35 that is not too bad looking, for me anyway. The M42 has some fake ribbons attached, but is the helmet itself not ok? I mean, the ribbons could be removed. Just want to learn something, no arguing
    Hello guys first of all , the pics are terrible. I would never buy a helmet that way.
    Out of habbit I commented in this topic , I usually steer clear of topics with bad pictures. Usually it's hard to make a point if there's only a thumbnail to go by.

The M42 with wire is an all and out fake. The liner is bad , the chinstrap is bad. I assume the paint is bad because such helmets are usually completely repainted.
    The M35 has a nice untouched smooth exterior with no decals (all smooth painted M35's have decals and if they have been scratched off it would leave traces) couple this with the worn rough painted interior. That doesn't add up. The smooth exterior paint is also not the correct color.

These are the observations I have made based on the crappy pics.

I want to add that my drive to post in this topic is because I found it incredible that someone would spend 250$ with just those pictures and for such shabby helmets , there are so many 100% nice helmets out there , more expensive sure but without a doubt untouched and worthy to collect.

?

Very clear info there. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I gained some knowledge on helmets, especially that all smooth paint M35's would have decals.
    Still have to learn how to spot good and bad liners/chinstraps. Reference material i guess. Thanks again.

Regards, Lars

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Be careful jumping on a deal because it sounds good. Money wasted is still wasted, no matter if it's $250 or $1000. Personally, I don't care for either of these as a whole, but that's just me. Depends if you are looking for a parts helmet or a complete helmet.
    Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    The reason I am saying England is because I only know of one website selling them and they are made there.
    chris
    Quote by alikat View Post
    Very clear info there. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I gained some knowledge on helmets, especially that all smooth paint M35's would have decals.
    Still have to learn how to spot good and bad liners/chinstraps. Reference material i guess. Thanks again.

Regards, Lars
    Lars , that's why I always stress the need for good pics. They are the best study material.

?

Thanks Schwerpunkt for the lessons and sharing your knowledge. I totally agree with your thoughts on picture quality, and take poor pics as my first warning bell on whatever is being sold. These days even a mobile phone takes a better higher resolution pic than those provided here. If I wanted top dollar for something I was selling (assuming it was a good item in the first place) I would make sure I had plenty of good quality pics available to cover any possible questions.

I would pay $100 for original shell 68 or not to me that great deal even if repaited or what ever. I could use it for reenacting.

?

I can give you his email address if you want to negotiate!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast