Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Q64 helmets....different eras.

Article about: Here is my Q64 SD luft, side by side with a Q64 BGS helmet. Unless you know, you could turn the BGS into a "wartime" one. Major difference with the BGS. There is no batch No on the

?

Default 2 Q64 helmets....different eras.

Here is my Q64 SD luft, side by side with a Q64 BGS helmet.

Unless you know, you could turn the BGS into a "wartime" one.

Major difference with the BGS. There is no batch No on the rear skirt, its only marking is Q64, and I beleive the vent hole is slightly larger on the BGS. Chinstrap is different on this BGS and the liner has some differences.The names and ranks are on the BGS liner.

The BGS is the one with the chinstrap over the lip, the M40's chinstrap I am trying to look after!!

You can see the rolled edges are still to a high quality, and I am sure the same metal was used. I have a later made BGS with no vent holes, or liner pins (dome mounted liner) and the rolled edge is badly done! I have added a coupla pics of the later version BGS to show this the later BGS has the maker and No on the rear skirt. One photo shows all three......

Sorry about my staffy's kennel and her Hannah montanna doonah.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Q64 helmets....different eras.   2 Q64 helmets....different eras.  

2 Q64 helmets....different eras.   2 Q64 helmets....different eras.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Q64 helmets....different eras.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2 Q64 helmets....different eras.

I now have a M17, M34, 2x M35, 2X M40, 2x M42, 2x M53 (BGS) and 2 x East German..........nealry a whole chronology of german helmets....

?

All you need now is the three variations of Luftschutz

?

I have a 1 and 3 peice luftschutz, 1 german marked, and one german made, bulgarian decal.....All I need is a two peice. I have a 1 Peice i am bidding on that was used up until the 70's, war made and reissued to a car factory after the war, 1 peice!

?

About two months ago i was at a car boot sale with the wife, she went through the money like wildfire buying things that will end up in the cupboard, we came to a stall and i looked in one of the boxes on the floor, at the bottom was a really nice three piece luftschutz with name , sticker to the rear and a pretty good looking decal and chinstrap, did i have the money, did i heck, the chap was asking £25, i could have killed the missus what with all the old tat she bought, im standing there with this thing in my hand and a bloke next to me asked to see it, he looked ,asked me if i was buying, which i had to say no, pulled his wallet out and gave over the money, then had the bloody cheek to say ,"you missed out on that one, mate" and walked off, then to add injury to insult the wife chimes in with" its only a bit of metal, there,ll be another one around somewhere" the stallholder looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and said " they dont understand do they" I thought i would say something but i was gobsmacked ,i just walked away muttering to myself

?

Bugger nice three peice luftschutz for wat 45 aussie bucks, wow........I got that in loose coins in my car.....I dont mind having multiples of the same helmet, and have a little soft place in my collecting heart for the old luftschutz helmet!

?

Ive had a few chances to buy the Luftschutz helmets but something always seems to get in the way, whether it be money , circumstances or wrong place etc, i should have bought these when i was much younger they were only about £5-10 thirty years ago

kc1
    ?

Wouldn't he part ex her?

?

Luftschutz are fun to have and you can normaly be sure they are authentic.......i reckon in 10 years they will be worth a bit

?

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Wouldn't he part ex her?
    Dont be daft, i only paid two goats and a camel for her in the first place

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast