Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The 2nd helmet from the auction in Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: This is the other helmet from the auction. As you will see it has been attacked by a mouse, who found the liner to his taste. These things happen and its part of story of this helmet. You wi

No, not salt air. The tunnels were sealed up and some areas had not been concrete lined so water was still finding its way through the rock above. Also people were getting in and emptying ammo boxes on the floor and the contents spilled everywhere and the drains got blocked. Water built up, and eventually the rot started. Be great to think that there is a tunnel full of kit that never had water get in and the atmostsphere kept the kit in good condition. I guess that would be somewhere like mg.34's came from in the Ukraine or where ever it was. There must still be tons of kit in Russia locked away, they did not dump anything. Love to have an invite to see what they have got stacked up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Another fine helmet, and one that I really like as that chin strap is clearly a period adaptation that just adds a little bit to this one. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Great find!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Very nice! I've seen a single decal Heer helmet named to a Kriegsmarine soldier that came from Jersey. When I see that Czech chinstrap, it makes me think that your helmet might actually have been used in the Kriegsmarine, since we usually see those straps on Navy helmets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12