Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 colour camo helmet

Article about: by WOODSNAKE Hi Dave are you familiar with the book i mentioned in my thread Normandy 44 by Dan Tylisz? there is over 200 colour photos all Camo all from France some of the schemes are outra

Default 3 colour camo helmet

I am sure I have seen a similar camo helmet posted here recently and possibly attributed to Normandie, although the camo does not conform to what I would associate with Normandie camo. Does anyone have any idea where such a camo would have been used. Its 100% original and nothing on the helmet has been played with.
    It came to me through some visitors to my museum. A chap came up to me and said he did not think much to the helmets I had on display. So I asked him why, he went on to tell me he had inherited one from a relative and his was 3 colours and much nicer than the ones I had. I kept calm and asked if it was so good would he think of parting with it so i could put it on display...and improve my helmet display. He said he had no use for it and would be in touch... he took my name and address and I thought that would be the end of it. Two days later a box arrived with this helmet in it. I was mildly shocked to say the least. I phoned his number to discuss the price I'd offer. His wife answered and said he was out and I said the helmet had arrived safely and I'd call back later. She said that they had discussed what they wanted for the helmet, so I made my offer. Only to be told that my offer was no good...... Ouch, anyway she told me they had decided on a price and my offer was too high and they would only accept the figure they had agreed.
    Talk about being blown out of the water, I thought my offer was good and I'd get the helmet for sure but to have someone reject it for lesser money was a real surprise.
    Hope you like the helmet and that someone can shed light as to the where it may have been used.
    All the best,
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 colour camo helmet  3 colour camo helmet  3 colour camo helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 colour camo helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3 colour camo helmet

Wow, what a way to get a lid. Congrats.

I have minimal knowledge about these (I only have a few German lids) but can only cross my fingers and hope that the blokes in-the-know will all be 'thumbs up.'

NB Pics are very small.

Great story!Nice lid!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Could quite well have been used at Normandy IMO

Hello,
    It looks like a stunning helmet...i wish i could see more photos of it...always the same story, best pieces come in when you don't expect them. Not the same camo scene, but colours are rather close than one of my three tone camo helmets, the one that can be seen in my avatar.
    Thanks for sharing this helmet with us.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

A stunning helmet, I like it a lot! That is always a great way to come into a new lid.

?

I think it would be more helpful with bigger ,more detailed pics but i think its definately European theatre, but not so sure on Normandy camo

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think it would be more helpful with bigger ,more detailed pics but i think its definately European theatre, but not so sure on Normandy camo
    Hi Dave are you familiar with the book i mentioned in my thread Normandy 44 by Dan Tylisz? there is over 200 colour photos all Camo all from France some of the schemes are outrageous and some look rediculous but apparently they're all Fair Dinkum, my mind has opened up to all sorts of possibilities.

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Hi Dave are you familiar with the book i mentioned in my thread Normandy 44 by Dan Tylisz? there is over 200 colour photos all Camo all from France some of the schemes are outrageous and some look rediculous but apparently they're all Fair Dinkum, my mind has opened up to all sorts of possibilities.
    I reviewed that book for German Helmet Walhalla and it has its fair share of fakes. It is a useless book and a waste of money.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I reviewed that book for German Helmet Walhalla and it has its fair share of fakes. It is a useless book and a waste of money.
    And obviously you can recomend a better one? I don't want to seem rude but when you say it has it's fair share of fakes could you enlighten us with your assumptions as to which ones are Fake and why?
    Last edited by WOODSNAKE; 03-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast