Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 German helmets

Article about: hi, thanks for your reply. I believe the liner is czech. what do you think about the camo? cheers

Default 3 German helmets

Hi all. I have been given 3 German helmets (my first) and would very much appreciate your opinions of them.

I am mainly after info on the one with the net. is it original? I think the liner is a fake, but what about the rest of it. I have taken pics with and without the net.

Cheers.

3 German helmets3 German helmets3 German helmets3 German helmets3 German helmets3 German helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 German helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: 3 German helmets

In case you don't know, the black one is a WWI german helmet. There's nothing wrong with the devil horns poking out hahaha.

I have suspicions on the net.

Ah ok. I should also say that the pics I took make the helmet look a different color. It is really quite dark.

Cheers.

The relic Heer looks to be good. The WWI shell looks to be good. The camo looks like new paint and the liner looks to be a repro slightly aged. I'm not even sure about the liner band in that one and I'm going to say the net is repro also. Pics are a little far away. Can you take closer pics in natural sunlight, that is the best way.

Ok. I will try to post some pics in natural light tommorow.

Cheers.

The helmet net is genuine - just not WW2. It is a West German design - the original had NO clips and was tied together at the back, used smaller rope and smaller "net".

Dan

great thanks. Regarding the camoflage, to the touch it feels grainy and is a lot darker and faded than the flash on the camera showed it to be.

Hi, I have taken some more pics in natural light to better show the paint on the helmet.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 German helmets   3 German helmets  

3 German helmets   3 German helmets  

I didn't like the first pics but the new set is more convincing....... I'm on the fence but it perhaps has a chance.

The M42 has what is purporting to be an early M31 non reinforced liner band in it. It also has a reproduction liner attached, fake draw string ... All in all, I am afraid it looks bad to me.

Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast