Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?

Article about: Hi, I was looking at this winter camo Heer helmet and wanted to know your thoughts on authenticity? Also what would the approx value be? The seller is asking \\$1,400 for it. I am posting phot

Default Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?

Hi,
    I was looking at this winter camo Heer helmet and wanted to know your thoughts on authenticity?
    Also what would the approx value be?
    The seller is asking $1,400 for it.
    I am posting photos because I obviously do not want to spend that kind of money and find out later it is not an authentic snow/winter camo.
    Please help.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?   Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?  

Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?   Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?  

Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?   Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?  

Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer snow or winter camo - authentic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer snow or winter camo - authentic?
    P
    Many

Some odd stuff with this one Anton. No inside shots so cannot confirm but it is weird that the chinstrap shares the same aging as the helmet - like the patina has forced aging.
    Let the others comment ...... but I'm trusting these less and less as the years go by.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Helmet looks familiar when it was on a dealer site,,, I think? for what its worth the only helmet I may have ever purchased had remains of issue white crumbling off the lid.

Eric

Hi Anton, I must admit that if this were a winter cammo there is very little left. It looks to me as though it has been heavily over cleaned to me. I certainly would not pay that kind of money for it as a "winter cammo". Other than that, it looks like a decent helmet, but way over priced. Leon.

?

Agree I can't even tell if it was ever a winter job with those pictures fakes are all over the other channels hopefully on this forum members can have a more dispassionate view, Leon its funny this topic comes up at the same time every year together with the seasonal change, the collectors almanac must point towards snow is on the way!

Regards

Thank you all for all of your help.

I would describe it as ex-whitewash rather than a winter camo. To me it looks like it could be legit as an ex-whitewash. It has been painted seasonally with a water based white paint and then cleaned when the climate got warmer leaving the remains of white in low points of the original paint and in the harder to clean places (around pin heads etc.) The scrubbing of the white paint layer is also evident on the decal.
    Just my two cents :-)

Cheers

Chris

Thank you for all of your input on this.

?

Looks ok, not 100% sure its a winter helmet or not.