Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

M45 Helmets

Article about: Left: B/II prototype. To have been the new 'stahlhelm 45' but never put into mass production. It has the M44 liner system. Right: M45-A. Also called 'ventless M42'. It has the M31 liner syst

Default Re: M45 Helmets

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    I understand your points but you are incorrect about the paint. I have see almost mint original examples!

I am 50/50 about this helmet... Let the man prove it is genuine rather than spend all day slagging him off, its not good for the forum!

If he has nothing else to say, please let this thread end.

Cheers
    Dan

dan i agree sensible words there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M45 Helmets
    P
    Many

?

Gentlemen lets keep this civil and not personal or it will end up being closed.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Brian View Post
    Hawk, you have apoligized for using strong language, but you are still bascially calling me a liar and a deceiver in every other post!

No biker-boy, that is not good for the forum!

For all concerned, I'm not really here to 'prove' my helmets. I'm here to 'discuss' them.

Discussion IMO, does not involve being accused of fabricating a well-crafted fake, and then attempting to deceive the collecting community with it.

Why do you think that many knowlegable, experienced collectors do not/no longer post on forums ??
    (hint--they are tired of this kind of stuff)

The paint should be the same as on ckl M42s made in summer 44

No Hawk, we are talking about prototypes here, not general production. A completely different shell, different liner, why not different paint ?? The color is close to slate gray, BTW.

Why after 65 years are there still other helmets about that appear nearly mint, straight from the factory ?
    Well, you're right, that was beyond the belt again, I have to apologize once more. I am a choleric man.

And I see, the forum is not longer interested.

I've made my points.

1. shape
    2. colour
    3. liner
    4. story
    5. the fact you've done similar fake works
    6. you can't bring pictures of documents, liner details, and you normally not showing unprocessed daylight pictures, you're hiding informations. That's why I don't like you, sorry.

Now it's everyones own choice what he/she thinks.

Im out here.
    Sorry for disturbing the forum peace.

?

That's why I don't like you, sorry.

Hawk, when you treat people as poorly as you treated me, they are not going to like you very much either.

You could not keep the matter to the topic at hand, you had to make it personal.

Exclamation Re: M45 Helmets

The Administrator and a Super Moderator have both very politely posted notices to stop the insanity, but you choose to take advantage of their politeness and courtesy.

So....

STOP THE BADGERING, INSULTS, LOW BLOWS, AND OTHERWISE CHILDISH BEHAVIOR IMMEDIATELY - DROP IT.

TAKE THE CHILDISH BEHAVIOR SOME WHERE ELSE -IT IS NOT WELCOME HERE. PERIOD, END OF STORY.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steven, I am very dismayed to see that you sent the victim an infraction. I noticed that Hawk was allowed to repeatedly infer that I was a liar and a conman without any interference from Admin. And I get the infraction ??

Why didn't you stop Hawk a long time ago? Instead you allowed it to go on and on while I was trying to explain a rare helmet?

I had originally thought that the forum would enjoy seeing a very rare helmet posted, but instead for my troubles, I get verbally abused and a warning by Admin.

Oh well, I guess I wont make that mistake again.

Ah yes, a good New Years Resolution will be to stop wasting time on forums!

?

Admin: please delete my membership.

thank you

Quote by Brian View Post

thank you
    Brian,

Let's not be hasty, no need for that. Please check your PM box. I think you will understand things a little better after you read it...OK?

Steve
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Brian View Post

thank you
    Quote by hawk82 View Post

Ah yes, a good New Years Resolution will be to stop wasting time on forums!
    Nothing doing - either of you.

IMO, you both have very legitimate opinions. And as Paul has written, just keep it civil on our forum, as this IMO is a very educational debate: ESPECIALLY EDUCATIONAL to parties such as I that have no knowledge of the subject in question, but the desire to learn from what seems to be vast experience from you both.

Thats it...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Fair enough, well give it another shot.

Disagreements are fine. In fact, the line of collecting I'm in encourages it. I don't mind at all.

But disrespect is another matter entirely, and I'm sure you will agree it has no place on this forum.

I realize that no Admin or Moderator can take disrespect sitting down. Members cannot either.

Congrats on your 1000th post, Admin.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast